I just bought this can you please help me

slyacer

I was wondering if this is decent detector and I don't see that it is bbs technology but I did have a sovereign xs2 that looked a lot like it. does anyone know if this is as good or better than than the xs2?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 497
From the Minelab web site.

I think it may be yours?

"The Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro detector was released in March 2000 and is no longer in production. The Sovereign XS-2a Pro was a coin and relic detector utilising BBS technology.

I was wondering if this is decent detector and I don't see that it is bbs technology but I did have a sovereign xs2 that looked a lot like it. does anyone know if this is as good or better than than the xs2?

I think this is what you have.

Looks like a Vlf detector (non bbs), a gold detector.
Good luck.
Never even heard of a Klondike detector until today.
I like Klondike candy though.

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/10461/Instruction Manual Klondike.pdf

https://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices/discontinued-products/klondike

Last edited:

Looks like the GT16000, which I think had a few variations including the name Klondike. If so, it is a single-frequency, VLF detector, not the multi-frequency BBS like your Sovereign.

If it is a GT16000, the detector is ideal for dry weather (not waterproof), and use in stable soils. Get in an area with heavy mineral deposits or conductive salt (wet ocean beaches) and you'll find that its ground balance feature may help some, but the BBS tech is leaps and bounds better. In wet salt or heavy mineral soils, the SF-VLF will still struggle to balance the detector and/or prevent it from yielding erroneous signals and chatter.

Back
Top Bottom