• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Haven't hunted much the last couple weeks BUT........

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
Just an update .
Having to set aside some time to take some friends out fishing the last two weekends has put a damper on my hunting time .

For many of us compulsive hunters we have replaced an old love with a metal detector.
We have gotten very good at some activities over the years and should set aside some time to share some old experience with our younger family and friends .

For me It was building a fast road racing car , golf , and walleye fishing.

These days it seems all I need is my detector and some dirt to keep me content .
Setting aside some time to to share some old tricks of a trade to some younger enthusiasts and helping them have a day to remember is well worth the time taken off from our newer found detecting ambition.

Most of us hunters are very much alike it what attracts us to a hobbie like this .
It brings us piece of mind and is a form of theropy.
We have approached other hobbies in the past in a similar fashion.

Just a reminder to pass on what you have learned if you have the chance .

Other then that .... I did manage to trade my clad in for some silver with a buddy who coin role hunts . Nothing like silver at spot prices. 👍
Clad is treasure . Every single Memorial penny adds up 👍

Just an update and thanks again for viewing.
,Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 220
Thanks for the kind words , took a wile with a couple rookies in the boat to help them develop a nice jigging feal and cadence. we filled the bags and cooler with those golden porkchops eventually after jumping plenty of points and rock piles.

Hope to dig a little later today but yard work calls .
Good luck and happy hunting guys 👍
, Dew

WTG my friend, I think we all have times when other things tend to take over our passion time :) I think we all come back & will continue to come back for one more thrill hunt. Lets find another Silver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: glad to see your still at it, finding the big ones & the little ones almost everytime. Thanks for keeping us up to date

Nice, must have been on the big water! Looks pretty calm. I use to fish a lot, but sold the boat in 2011, other than a few salmon charters haven't been out too much.

Nice walker too! Congrats

Nice, must have been on the big water! Looks pretty calm. I use to fish a lot, but sold the boat in 2011, other than a few salmon charters haven't been out too much.

Nice walker too! Congrats

On baggo big T 👍 I am lucky and live about 20 min from having the boat in the water on baggo or Lake Michigan . Spent a lot of time fishing walleyes competitively since my the early 90's . I sold my big fast sparkly boat a few years ago as I did not get it on the water until late June. I did buy a more modest 2005 than I do not mind neglecting as much .
This detecting hobbie is sick! Still pretty much an 18 footer but a roomy tiller. 👍
I may start fishing more again . Time will tell .
Good luck out there buddy .
,Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 152
Great message in your Post there Dew! I'm gonna take a little time and go fishing this year for the first time in sheesh...5-6yrs since I got into detecting?

I'm gonna go bluegill fishing with my Dad in a few weeks, might put on a Muskie or catfish even.....You are right...Theres some Masters here from other Hobbies that landed on Detecting, and that was all she wrote!!:laughing:

I think it has to do with theres No license required, No Season, and No Limit! :laughing:

Nice post and good reflection on this hobby. Few things are as relaxing as swinging a detector or throwing a line in the water. Therapy from the daily stresses. :fishin::digginahole::detector:

Good to see im not the only one taking advantage of the low spot price! Nice silver saves! And nice eye! This summer is flying by, I need to get my boat out more!

Finding some one to fish with has become a task. My friend of 37 years passed away in 2003. He and I hunted, fished, went shooting, and generally had fun. Got me another fishing partner and his health has deteriorated considerably over the past few years to the point that we have not been fishing this year,

So I metal detect and since one can do that alone I spend a lot time doing just that.

I guess I am going to have to find me some younger friends but they all have jobs

Getting old sux but it beats the alternative of dying young.

Back
Top Bottom