• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Get Ready EQUINOXERS’!!!

Just think.

What if Minelab would have released a 3 pound update able Etrac 2.
Then what?

You see this Equinox thingy is not just about newer tech, the reason for the seeming excitement by folks.

Or a 3 pound CTX.

I have said this before.
Many manufacturers wished they had Minelab's problem.
The problem being bad ergo/weight.

Imagine a Etrac that looked and felt like Fisher F75!!

Minelab has already said the FBS will be better on higher conductors like silver. Which tells me the Nox won't be an E Trac that feels like the F75. The F75 had the ergonomics down long before Minelab. Deus brought ergonomics to a whole new level.

Many manufacturers wished they had Minelab's problem. Looks to me like Minelab wished they had Garrett's problem with the ATP being a best seller for so many years.

Minelab has already said the FBS will be better on higher conductors like silver. Which tells me the Nox won't be an E Trac that feels like the F75. The F75 had the ergonomics down long before Minelab. Deus brought ergonomics to a whole new level.

Many manufacturers wished they had Minelab's problem. Looks to me like Minelab wished they had Garrett's problem with the ATP being a best seller for so many years.

The term " better " is highly subjective though. Exactly what better means , to what extent , and just who would even notice a difference are not covered by that description. In a choice between the two , if you sacrificed a small amount of one feature or ability but gained in some other aspect , would you even consider that a loss of anything ? .....if if FBS is as great as everybody says it is , would a " slight " reduction " in performance on like .0000003% of possible targets you might encounter actually translate to any real world usefulness out in the field ? .... Of course we will have to wait and see , but its possible that experienced FBS users may not even notice a difference once they do some head to head tests in the field to decide for themselves. Even then you will probably have one group that feels one way about it and another group that feels the other way.

Which is better , a ford or a chevy ?.....each probably have their advantages over the other but if they both meet your expectations then they may as well be the same.

I Never said Equinox would be an Etrac.
Where did you get that?

All I was doing was supposing.
Lightweight Etrac would sell well.
We might just see one.

The term " better " is highly subjective though. Exactly what better means , to what extent , and just who would even notice a difference are not covered by that description. In a choice between the two , if you sacrificed a small amount of one feature or ability but gained in some other aspect , would you even consider that a loss of anything ? .....if if FBS is as great as everybody says it is , would a " slight " reduction " in performance on like .0000003% of possible targets you might encounter actually translate to any real world usefulness out in the field ? .... Of course we will have to wait and see , but its possible that experienced FBS users may not even notice a difference once they do some head to head tests in the field to decide for themselves. Even then you will probably have one group that feels one way about it and another group that feels the other way.

Which is better , a ford or a chevy ?.....each probably have their advantages over the other but if they both meet your expectations then they may as well be the same.

FBS vs IQ tech , one is extremely fast, one isn't. Who has the advantage ? And there is the elephant in the room. What kind of hunting do you do ? Which tech will best serve you ? There won't ever be, a be all detector until we get a picture of what's in the ground like I mentioned above. Whoever does that first will win the detector war. Maybe Walabot should make a detector.

"The term " better " is highly subjective though. Exactly what better means , to what extent , and just who would even notice a difference are not covered by that description. In a choice between the two , if you sacrificed a small amount of one feature or ability but gained in some other aspect , would you even consider that a loss of anything ? .....if if FBS is as great as everybody says it is , would a " slight " reduction " in performance on like .0000003% of possible targets you might encounter actually translate to any real world usefulness out in the field ?"

True. But since they didn't say, what if better means 2 times better. Just as likely as 0.0000003%.

There may have been one but I can't think of a post out of the hundreds on this forum and others that isn't covered by replying "Well, we'll just have to wait and see". :?:

I sure hope this equinox lives up to the hype, or this was all for not :yes: if that detector had FBS technology I would have pre ordered one, im gunna let you guys be the guinea pigs, while I sit back and take all the good info in :cool:

But what Minelab didn't know when the CTX was rolled out, was just how successful Deus would be in a worldly fashion, nor was Makro/Nokta marketing where they are now, back then.

Actually one could argue, why did it take Minelab so long to challenge At series line detectors?
Or any other major manufacturer for that matter.

And it seems Garrett felt pretty comfortable with the At line, didn't feel too threatened with the MX sport.
Only to do what?
Repackage the At pro or Gold depending on how one looks at it.
Really IMO just added wireless.

Equinox will destroy!!

Let's face it.
Garrett went the cheap route.
They will pay dearly.

I have to disagree with you on the AT max anology as it was more than just adding wireless, you have a true all metal mode as well as broader range of ground balance, those are both a really big deal in the performance factor. And then you also have to add the backlight which MANY AT Pro users begged for.
I am anxious to see how the Equinox stacks up but not enough to wait for one. I will most likely pick up one in the fall. That is, IF they are available yet:laughing:

Choppa

Cmon Choppa, we know you most likely ordered one, you like putting your hands in the candy jar, before your wife stocks it :lol: Howboutit

I put on the brakes to purchase any other detector when i learned of the equinox because i am a Minelab guy. I believe in their products because they have worked for me. I am still waiting though on reviews to make my final decision on a water detector though. I am purchasing a water capable machine next, and if it happens to be a killer on land as well, that's just icing on the cake for me. I don't mind the wait, I would rather it be right when its released than rush it out and have problems. No company needs negative publicity no matter how successful.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Has there been any reported depth differences in the Nox 600 compared to the 800? I hope to get one for my birthday in February but like the lower price point much better and can't see me needing the wireless headphones or extra frequencies for my type of hunting

Has there been any reported depth differences in the Nox 600 compared to the 800? I hope to get one for my birthday in February but like the lower price point much better and can't see me needing the wireless headphones or extra frequencies for my type of hunting

So far seems the difference is feature set(settings options/capavilites) and the higher freqs.
Gold mode on 800 not the 600.

And the headphone options for 800 are greater as far as the package sold.

I haven't read too much as far as what can a person who purchase the 600 model, and later would like to try to upgrade say their headphones.

I don't think there is a difference in performance for the same features between the 2. Meaning that the park program and the field program, etc would be exactly the same for both. Only difference would be the gold program and frequencies that aren't "turned on" in the 600.

Along with what was mentioned above by Jason and tnsharpshooter, I read somewhere that the tones and pitch will be more user configurable on the 800 vs the 600.

Along with what was mentioned above by Jason and tnsharpshooter, I read somewhere that the tones and pitch will be more user configurable on the 800 vs the 600.

Yes but if you like to run 50 tones(full tones) no disc than the tones should be identical on the two machines

Back
Top Bottom