Amazing piece of SILVER!! (pic heavy!)

007tallguy

Elite Member
this is my first post in this section....but you'll see why. ;)

i hit a new-to-me beach today for a few hours, barely covering maybe 5-10% of it. considering it was a holiday, the weather sucked and not too many people around. even the lifeguards were bored having no one there to babysit. :lol:

anywho, i'm finding the usual "stuff", tin foil, bottle caps, quite a few clad coins, etc.
then.... i get a fairly high tone, high 60's to low 70's on the At Pro and i boot some of the sand out of the way. (and YUP.... caught this dig on VIDEO!!) i saw a flash of something in the sand and didn't even need the pin pointer, my size 11 hoof did the job. out pops this beautiful silver bracelet! :shock: i'm like, ok, cool, a bracelet.
i'm handy to the lifeguards and of course, the usual questions come up: "What'd ya find?" i'm casual about it, a couple dollars in change, what might be a tiny gold earring (no stamp on it, but it's the right color!) and then i haul my bracelet out and the girls' jaw drops! she says: "Holy ****, that's a PANDORA!!" i'm like, whatever, lol. i don't know jewelry. if she'd have said Tiffany or Rolex, it would have got a reaction out of me, but i've never heard of any Pandora before, lol. :roll: :laughing:
WELL.... i really check this thing out when i get home and everything on this bracelet is stamped 925 and little stones on some of the various parts! it weighed in at a cool 32 grams. i'm thinking: alright, an ounce of silver, that's what, about 25 bucks in melt value.
THEN: i search this Pandora stuff online and wowsers!!!! i can't believe the PRICES they charge for this stuff! :shock: the 18cm chain alone sells for 75 bucks!! adding up the little thingys attached to this bracelet, it's close to $$400 bucks!! who'd have thunk it? certainly not me, haha! :laughing: :laughing:

ok, time for some pics and a short vid of the big dig. ;)

oh, and i also had my bestest coins-dug-at-the-beach day as well, a whopping 20 coins totaling $10.86, whoo-hoo! i have now officially beat my total from last year by over a dollar. ;)

ok, i'll shut up now and post some pics and the vid.

thanks for lookin'. :D

Pete

Attachments

• IMAG2229.jpg
    IMAG2229.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,722
  • IMAG2233.jpg
    IMAG2233.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,699
  • IMAG2234.jpg
    IMAG2234.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,693
  • IMAG2235.jpg
    IMAG2235.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,684
  • IMAG2236.jpg
    IMAG2236.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,692
  • IMAG2243.jpg
    IMAG2243.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,676
  • IMAG2241.jpg
    IMAG2241.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,686
  • IMAG2240.jpg
    IMAG2240.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,680
  • IMAG2239.jpg
    IMAG2239.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,705
  • IMAG2238.jpg
    IMAG2238.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,706
WOW! Congrats on that beauty of a collection of silver. I know the feeling, as I found one back in late Jan. early Feb. on a tot-lot during a 3 day thaw. Here's mine. I also think someone from FL found one this year on a beach. Good luck on future hunts. : )

Attachments

• 102_0191.jpg
    102_0191.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,674
Thanks god my wife hasn't lost hers. Hers is completely filled up with charms and is very expensive. When I initially bought it for my wife the saleswoman told me saltwater was not good for it. This is probably why so many are being found. I wish I could find one...although, I'm sure my wife would confiscate it very quickly. :roll::roll:

That's Chameleon Jewelry, sold by many stores. Supposedly good quality, at least that's what the Brighton saleslady told me. hehe

thank you all! like i said, i've never heard of that brand name until today, but i couldn't believe the prices on some of the available charms. :shock:
i'm not at all disappointed with it, haha. and i've only covered a small part of that beach, so a return trip is in order. ;)

if my daughter ever loses her Tiffany pandora with all them charms attached it be a small fortune lost :(

great find though

congrats on that bracelet!
Get it on Feebay before they go out of favor:lol:

thanks!
and i'd still get melt value out of it. that's what, about 25 bucks now? :laughing:

if my daughter ever loses her Tiffany pandora with all them charms attached it be a small fortune lost :(

great find though

thank you sir! :D
and tell her not to wear it at the beach, lol. then again, that would be a good excuse to go 'tecting. ;)

Great looking bracelet. Congrats.......:yes:

Congrats nice find...what is your YouTube user name.i love watching other AT users hunts.

thanks guys! :yes:
and papajohn, i use the same name as here, but.... i've only had my cam with me on a couple of hunts, there's very little MD'ing to see on there so far.... :no:
as an alternative, i've got a fair amount of photos on here in my album, a few cool finds there. (coins and other stuff) :yes:

Pete

Very nice!! Dont sell it as scrap! People will buy that stuff up and pay good for it to!!!

I would check your local Craigslist lost and found. Those usuall are spe ially pieced together by moms to honor their children. It would be an awesme return as I am sure it was dear to someones heart.

That is super awesome. My girlfriend's Pandora doesn't have room for any more charms. She also had a safety clasp/chain installed so it's not very metal detector friendly....ha

Seriously....google the charms you have. If they are retired by Pandora, the price goes up quick. A current charm is probably $40....the same charm when retired for a few years could be >$250....each.

Back
Top Bottom