Kicked out of the park!

One more thing for hassle free success in this Sport...It is extremely important to understand the benefit of Timing!...Its probably more critical than intimately knowing proper machine set up and gear and all of that...Timing!

Not only are we hunting, we are also avoiding being hunted...Our major predators are Wimmin and Children and Park/Beach Rangers, Bums, Panhandlers, Robbery Rogues...

So, a guy gets to know their patterns and hunts in the hours/weather when they are not out...Its only a few hours per day when a Man can walk this Planet unobstructed..and its weather/temp dependent as far as how long you can push the Window of Opportunity...

Theres a few places here that I can briefly hunt only in November/December when its blowing 40mph N with a falling barometer and spitting sleet/snow...Even then I only got maybe 20 minutes tops before I'm gonna get robbed by an addict crawling out of the dugout...

Hunting outside of the 'Green Zone', for Congo Gold, a guy has to know these things...there aint no artillery or Air Power to call in danger close defilade for a lone Metal Detectorist...

People are best avoided at all costs...You gotta few hours per day tops...and this is why developing 'speedy target retrieval' methods is so important, as is dressing poor and driving a piece of junk...

....Not only are we hunting, we are also avoiding being hunted.......

My goals in life are : A) to find my 16th gold coins, and B) to write like mud-puppy.

Yes, you put it so beautifully. It's the art of "hiding in plain site", eh ?

Not only are we hunting, we are also avoiding being hunted...Our major predators are Wimmin and Children and Park/Beach Rangers, Bums, Panhandlers, Robbery Rogues...

Are they really that big a treat overthere?
I watch my back when hunting as you never know, but i never am or was scared or whatever.
Had some verbal discussions, and a infrequent upcoming premature-angry landowner (always reassured later) or unreliable looking spectator (gone after less friendly look), but never ever had any fisical attacks or serious thread or whatever. And i hunt for a long while now, and were i want among which slightly remote places.

A slight and possible explanable difference that carrrying guns is forbiden overhere, same as shooting tresspassers. Thank God. :D

So need to defend if neccesairy is promising, but never happened.
I see no predetors. The only predetors i ever really confronted were competitive colleague detectorists.

...I see no predetors. ...

Mud-puppy is just joking about muggers and so forth. You're right: Little to no danger from that (no more so than simply walking down the street or through a park). The "Predator" spoken of, in this post, is persons that might try to tell you "scram".

:toofunny::toofunny: I Love a story that begins like this Hippy!

"There I was, minding my own business, when all of a sudden!"

See, I told you about the dangers of crazy old Wimmen! More dangerouser for the peace and comfort of a Man than Prostate Cancer, and not even half the fun as a strangulated hemmerhoid!!

You shoulda just started babbling in some foreign sounding words like you are from France or something...looking all confused as a visiting foreigner would...."Tutu de swie, Tutu de swa? Volle le futbalparken? Non Sprechen zee! Non Sprechen zee! It doesnt matter what you say, theres no defending yourself with logic, reason, laws or anything...so, just start babbling stupid sounding chit....or keep silent like a mute...same results...

When confronted by a crazy angry Woman who wants to start a fight, I just start babbling incoherently, drooling, looking all sleepy eyed and stupid, letting my tongue hang halfway over my lower lip, like its too big to fit in my mouth, if She persists with the harangue, I wet my pants in a defensive manouever like a toad or a skunk does!....(Wimmen cant stand the sight or smell of Man urine, not on the toilet seat, underwear, or outside on the pacysandras).

Their anger quickly turns to disgust, and they cant stand to be in my presence, so they generally walk away looking for an easier target of opportunity like the dog......(This has been my secret to a long and happy marriage to Mrs Mud)....

Wimmen dont find any pleasure in cussing out a guy if they think you cant understand a thing they are saying! They already think you are dumb, so dont disappoint them, concede that as the genetically lost ground battle of the mid 70's and then play it up! Never argue even if you are right!

Just go twice as stupid as they think you are! 'Full Retart' if you will...This tactic Diffuses the situation! Its like estrogenic pepper spray!

Yeah, she obviously owned that big old dog so she had something to boss around when there wasnt a guy to pick on! Makes her feel powerful and in control....Probably makes him do all sorts of tricks before she gives him a treat! Like beg and sit and roll over and things...probably scolds him too, just to see him look guilty and ashamed about something....Pretty much like any married Woman does with us!

Just look as dopey and stupid as possible around any Woman over 50..babble about stuff, piss your pants occasionally, wear khakis to enhance the visual effect.... avoid them if you can, be ready if you cant..always carry a fart in your back pocket, a half full bladder, a booger, or a burp...this is all we have left to defend ourselves since we just cant simply 'punch them to the Moon' like we could when Man ruled this Planet in the 50's....They just aint afraid of us anymore...

That’s insane(ly) funny Mud!:laughing:

That Monte Python skit was a classic :cool3:

.... read the park regulations and was screamed at and scrammed by the "office manager". ...

Yup. Exactly why 99% of my nice-manicured turf park hunting is done at night. So peaceful. So serene.

I've got around situations like this by just hunting spots after workers leave. She's an office manager so by 4 p.m. she is out the door. Just hunt after 4 p.m. and you'll be fine. Also, she probably doesn't work on weekends so hunt those parks on the weekends. If you hunt them in the middle of the day during the week you will probably run into the same situation.

I've got around situations like this by just hunting spots after workers leave.....

Oooohhh, "sneaking around" eh Jamflicker ? Ssheessk, what's next ? Clubbing baby seals ? Robbing banks ? I will no longer associate with you.

Oh, and stay south of Santa Barbara line. We don't need your lawless miscreant types up here ! :laughing:

Oooohhh, "sneaking around" eh Jamflicker ? Ssheessk, what's next ? Clubbing baby seals ? Robbing banks ? I will no longer associate with you.

Oh, and stay south of Santa Barbara line. We don't need your lawless miscreant types up here ! :laughing:
I'm baaaaaack. Did ya miss me!? :) I've been gone a short while dealing with a rather serious medical issue. I'm on the mend and hope to be back out detecting a bit more before the ground freezes here in Michigan. You'll be happy to know that I went out detecting for a short while over the weekend in a park located in another County...and I didn't bother to ask permission!! Despite our sometimes differing opinion on when to ask for permission, I do see and agree with your point of not poking the hornet's nest. There were signs posted about no horses and no motorized vehicles and to not pick any flowers, but nothing about detecting...so I took my detector and searched an interesting area for a little while, while my wife was out on the trails mtn biking (god do I miss riding my bike, but that's at least another month off for me). I didn't really find anything, but it was nice to simply get outside and walk around.

:laughing: Just gotta be creative sometimes.

:lol:...........Funny..She looks like the New Park Ranger that is trying to nail me for trespassing. One of my good spots the last few month's I've had to walk the shoreline to get where I wanted to hunt in the water. Since metal detectors are not allowed in the park. Last week one day she followed me along the shore, the full 2500 feet, in her ATV (from a distances). Making sure I did not step above the Mean High tide line. And this is the second time she has done that in the last few weeks.

And in the defense of women, I have meet many that were very nice and had no issues with where I'm detecting.

Maybe you have it all wrong Joe... maybe she wants a date :D

Tom is right.

Getting into a pissing contest with city hall or an employee thereof has little chance of working out in your favor.

It is entirely likely some ordinance will be passed or the ubiquitious "disturbing" plan life will be used.

For the record, I have never had a problem at any park that I've hunted when detecting a certain way. That way would be at dawn on a Sunday morning. Nobody every bothers you, ever. Badguys are not up at that hour, and no park employees are there either.

Case closed.

Getting into a pissing contest with city hall or an employee thereof has little chance of working out in your favor.

A pissing contest never helps. Always stay decent.

Instead good and decent conversation can help though. At least more then accepting no without questions.

Here i have more then one cities/counties which forbidden detecting for everyone with a written law. Simply forbidden for everyone.
I didn't accept that, went for a good conversation, with good arguments and mutual agreements (among which 'diging without serious damaging' ofcourse), and i got written official permission. :D :D :D
Although forbidden, no cop or official can send me away.

So i also was right with "don't take no for an answer to quick"! :cool3::laughing:

I have all the facts on my side. I tried to be rational she chose to be irrational.

There was no way to have a "good and decent conversation".

NO.:laughing::rofl:
She was freaking mean! Mean people suck!
I felt safer when I went to the office while her and the pit bull were contained behind glass!:rofl:

Was she at least cleaning up after her dog (poo)? You might have had the opportunity to flip scolding around on her. Maybe her dog is killing the grass when it's doing its business.

Play deaf and mute? I understand you're wearing headphones but someone like that won't put that together probably.

One more thing for hassle free success in this Sport...It is extremely important to understand the benefit of Timing!...Its probably more critical than intimately knowing proper machine set up and gear and all of that...Timing!

... gets to know their patterns and hunts in the hours/weather when they are not out...

There's a local high school I want to try. A detector friend told me 'he wouldn't try it' b/c he knows the groundskeeper and that guy is very protective of his work. I told him I'd stay off the actual playing fields and only use a screwdriver, maybe knife at the most... he said he still wouldn't...

Well, i know they go to church together, so maybe I ought to skip church myself and go there! :)

Back
Top Bottom