Help with Infantry Pin ID?

Schweddy

Elite Member
Found this at an 1800’s house(yard) today. Can’t place it historically. Obviously (or not) an infantry pin. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Attachments

• 1F93249B-F0FB-4DE1-A636-3C19D6B41501.jpg
    1F93249B-F0FB-4DE1-A636-3C19D6B41501.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 455
Well, there is too much going on there so it's not military put together. I'm thinking it's part of a sweetheart pin also. Very cool though!

Interesting find, is the chain attached? The Combat Infantryman Badge hasn't changed since it's inception (1941). Typically the wreath denotes combat service in the specific MOS, infantryman and medic only. The 2 MOS's were originally the only 2 awarded a badge for action under fire. Now there is a CAB (combat action badge) as well. I agree with others, it appears to be a sweetheart pin or something of a sort. It may be one-of-a-kind! I'm almost positive it didn't belong on an official uniform....

Interesting find, is the chain attached? The Combat Infantryman Badge hasn't changed since it's inception (1941). Typically the wreath denotes combat service in the specific MOS, infantryman and medic only. The 2 MOS's were originally the only 2 awarded a badge for action under fire. Now there is a CAB (combat action badge) as well. I agree with others, it appears to be a sweetheart pin or something of a sort. It may be one-of-a-kind! I'm almost positive it didn't belong on an official uniform....

Medicchief, thanks for your combat service(CMB) from a retired Med 1SG

Steve

The wreath is seen on the Expert Marksman badge as well.

Back
Top Bottom