Equinox 800 pulls Seated and Large cent

Sweet finds! Is this a place that you personally have hunted quite a bit? If so I think this is the post that makes me buy the Equinox. I love my CTX but it does get heavy as I hunt a lot with that big coil.

Sweet! I'm heading to my rock beach tomorrow,will post any goodies on water hunting thread!
Congratulations on the hidden coins!

Yup, there it is again. LC's brimming out of every sandbox on the east coast.

Thanks Everyone. Good luck if you are going to be detecting with a Nox soon.

Very Nice !!! Congrats on the beautiful Seated and large cent. Was the ID pretty stable on the coins at 8 inches?
It was. 27 nice smooth sound.

Sweet finds! Is this a place that you personally have hunted quite a bit? If so I think this is the post that makes me buy the Equinox. I love my CTX but it does get heavy as I hunt a lot with that big coil.

Thanks Chef. I have hunted it quite a few times although I doubt I have detected that exact spot with my CTX due to size. However, if I haven't someone else has. (like the guy that stopped and talked to me)

The facts I have can give are:

1. I have detected this general area a big handful of times and never found a seated and only one other large cent years and years ago.

2. The last several times I have been there for a quick hunt, I have found wheat cents each time amongst the trash and I keep scratching my head wondering if it is the Equinox giving me the edge, or is it just different ground conditions, am I a better detectorists, were they just somehow missed all these years?

3.The coins are giving good signals. Like I am hearing bottle cap, bottle cap, bottle cap, coin and when it locks on it locks on and only someone that didn't have a clue wouldn't dig it

4. At another site I found a colonial cufflink and a small button with the Equinox. I have detected that area very hard with the CTX for years . Now that is a little site I know I have zigzagged to death with every setting I could think of. Including using the 17 incher. There has been many days I walked away with an empty pouch...(crossing my finger the farmer will plow it this year)

So... ?

I would like to believe the Equinox is giving me an edge but unfortunately I don't have it anymore to compare signals. My reasoning to sell my CTX was that it was almost six years old and long out of warranty I simply didn't want to end up paying $650 for a screen replacement if the CTX's died.I was also concerned about the price of the used CTX's dropping if the Equinox was a winner. Leading up to me getting the Nox, my thoughts were that it was going to be is 90% of what the CTX was. If I didn't like it, I would sell it and go back to the CTX or try the Deus. However, perhaps it really is outperforming the CTX in some ways at some sites. Like TNsharpshooter said (another nox success story). Field tests and live digs are showing, it really is doing very well.
GL HH
Gary

Very nice! Reminds me of when fellow fisherman say a trout stream is "fished out".

Wow Gary, a pair of fantastic digs. That seated dime looks to be in fabulous shape. Very sharp detail. Congrats on a couple of great digs and your new ride with the "Nox". Trapper

Great hunting Gary...I know where you were and I got some older targets outta there last year.....honey hole days are over but some goodies left. Lots of bottle caps and seedy characters....lol Awesome job!

Incredible finds got to love it when somebody finds a nice crisp seated liberty coin.

that dime must have been dropped in 1854. awesome finds, i would love a lunch break like that.

Back
Top Bottom