Pretty good day

Jonesey89

I stopped at a local grocery store today to check the coin star and was pleased to see a handful of change in the return slot. I ended up with a 52 D Rosie and a 53 S. Feeling lucky, I picked up a box of nickels and my wife and I scored a 1937 Buffalo, a 43 P, a 44 D, and there was even a 1957 canadian dime hidden in the nickel rolls. 5 silvers and a buffalo in one day is definitely my luckiest day ever. Thank y'all for looking and have a wonderful day!

Attachments

• 20180320_194506.jpg
    20180320_194506.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180320_210607.jpg
    20180320_210607.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 20180320_213740.jpg
    20180320_213740.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180320_220127.jpg
    20180320_220127.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20180320_220210.jpg
    20180320_220210.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 96
Thank you! The buffalo was definitely a surprise. It is my first in the coin rolls. Usually we end up with 2 or 3 war nickels per box as an average. The Canadian dime really surprised me though. Aside from Canadian maple leafs, that is my first Canadian silver in my collection! The coin star had the 0 percent silver 68 canadian dime in it and I told my wife i would like to find some silver Canadian coins and out pops that 57 in a nickel roll of all things. Sometimes (but 99.9% of the time not, lol) things work out in my favor! Now if only I could get this lucky actually detecting haha. I average about one silver a year doing that unfortunately

That is a good day! Love it when those silver Canadians appear, I've found 150+ Of them here in mid-Michigan when I was hunting between 2009-2014.

Thank you, they're out there! Keep at it and they await you. I think the nickel rolls are the least searched at least around my parts. Pennies, quarters, and halves seem to be hit the hardest. Funny thing is, at one of our banks we use, there's an older lady in there that coin roll hunt and also gets rolls for her very elderly uncle. She knew to look for the buffalo nickels but had no idea that there was a such thing as war nickels. For that reason, they are my favorite denomination to search because it keeps it exciting for my wife and little girl to help me. It's a fun little family activity for us on our days off. I'm sure we will get an unproductive box here and there, but my fingers are crossed that we find some more unexpected treasure. Good luck, I hope you find a beautiful buffalo soon! :) I am really trying to educate myself about proof and error coins too, as I am not real sure what to look for. It's great though that one coin that someone else might consider junk might make my week for me. Definitely a fun hobby that I wish I had gotten into sooner.

Thank you, they're out there! Keep at it and they await you. I think the nickel rolls are the least searched at least around my parts. Pennies, quarters, and halves seem to be hit the hardest. Funny thing is, at one of our banks we use, there's an older lady in there that coin roll hunt and also gets rolls for her very elderly uncle. She knew to look for the buffalo nickels but had no idea that there was a such thing as war nickels. For that reason, they are my favorite denomination to search because it keeps it exciting for my wife and little girl to help me. It's a fun little family activity for us on our days off. I'm sure we will get an unproductive box here and there, but my fingers are crossed that we find some more unexpected treasure. Good luck, I hope you find a beautiful buffalo soon! :) I am really trying to educate myself about proof and error coins too, as I am not real sure what to look for. It's great though that one coin that someone else might consider junk might make my week for me. Definitely a fun hobby that I wish I had gotten into sooner.

Nice that you have turned it into a family event. Strange as it sounds, those moments together turn onto lasting memories.

Back
Top Bottom