New CTX3030

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Just received my 3rd CTX3030 yesterday. One of the best detectors I have ever owned. If you are on the fence about one of these units take that step and buy it! It is a big investment but well worth it with all the options on this unit.

I've always called that bugger the Cadillac of detectors. Congrats on a very cool purchase!

Just received my 3rd CTX3030 yesterday. One of the best detectors I have ever owned. If you are on the fence about one of these units take that step and buy it! It is a big investment but well worth it with all the options on this unit.

Agree 100%! Love the 3030! Congrats on the new one!

Been using the Nox quite a bit lately but I definitely would never sell my CTX, it's still king. I wish they would combine features of the two and make a Nox 3030 with the CTX's very accurate ID, trigger pinpoint, gps and waypoint functions, and the ability to edit all settings on the PC and save it to the machine. The jumpy ID on the Nox drives me nuts. With the CTX if it's 12/43 you got a penny, 12/44 clad dime, 13/45 SILVER! On the Nox you pretty much just have to dig anything thats jumping around above 24 and see what it is when you dig it out whether it ends up being clad dime, silver dime, fat aluminum bottlecap, or hunk of copper. Very rarely will I get a silver dime over 5" that locks onto 27 and stays there.

Been using the Nox quite a bit lately but I definitely would never sell my CTX, it's still king. I wish they would combine features of the two and make a Nox 3030 with the CTX's very accurate ID, trigger pinpoint, gps and waypoint functions. The jumpy ID on the Nox drives me nuts. With the CTX if it's 12/43 you got a penny, 12/44 clad dime, 13/45 SILVER! On the Nox you pretty much just have to dig anything thats jumping around above 24 and see what it is when you dig it out whether it ends up being clad dime, silver dime, fat aluminum bottlecap, or hunk of copper. Very rarely will I get a silver dime over 5" that locks onto 27 and stays there.

Yeah I spent most of this season swinging the Nox and have made a lot of good finds with it. I guess as you get older one likes the bells and whistles that come with a higher price tag.

Yeah I spent most of this season swinging the Nox and have made a lot of good finds with it. I guess as you get older one likes the bells and whistles that come with a higher price tag.

Yeah, I think many people who even do own the CTX overlook some of it's awesome features like the gps functions. When I have a very large area like an old drive-in or huge ghost town field I can use the gps recording feature that tracks everywhere I walk, set a mark where each good find is made, then when you plug it into the pc when you get home and it overlays it on the satellite map you realize...oh wow, I totally missed that big area 200 feet to the left, I need to go back and hit that. Very useful tools to have.

Yeah, I think many people who even do own the CTX overlook some of it's awesome features like the gps functions. When I have a very large area like an old drive-in or huge ghost town field I can use the gps recording feature that tracks everywhere I walk, set a mark where each good find is made, then when you plug it into the pc when you get home and it overlays it on the satellite map you realize...oh wow, I totally missed that big area 200 feet to the left, I need to go back and hit that. Very useful tools to have.

Yes! The GPS is one of my favorite features. I hunt some very historic homes in my area and I like to log in the GPS Coordinates of my finds so that I have that info if ever needed in the future. Plus it shuts up the Archies a bit. LOL!

Choppa

Just courious , out of the 3 CTX3030s that you have owned , any issues' , i had 2, all the hour's were put on the 1st machine, i bought a new one in Jan. 2017, i have a couple hour's on it , a beach hunt, asking because i want to keep it, even though the warranty expires' Jan. 2020 , do you think i will be fine ? Earl

Just courious , out of the 3 CTX3030s that you have owned , any issues' , i had 2, all the hour's were put on the 1st machine, i bought a new one in Jan. 2017, i have a couple hour's on it , a beach hunt, asking because i want to keep it, even though the warranty expires' Jan. 2020 , do you think i will be fine ? Earl

Don't know about Choppa but I've owned 3 myself and only ever had one issue with any of mine and that was a coil wire where the wire meets the coil. It was just 1 month out of warranty too so I thought I was boned but I called them anyway and Minelab still sent me a new coil even thought the warranty was up.

Earl, The only issue I have had was one of the CTX's was had issues right out of the box with a loose control head and volume dropping out. I contacted Minelab and had a new unit to replace the faulty one in 4 days. Very good response from them.
I do have to say that the CTX holds its value pretty well compared to other units. After running one unit for 2 years, I sold it and had to only kick in $200 to get another brand new unit.
I don't use mine on the beach as much as you do but never hurts to have a warranty.
How is the beach hunting coming these days? Are you spending a lot of time with the Equinox and the 15" coil?

Thanks

Maybe i will have good luck than , i have 2- 17s, 11, and 6 , so if it's a coil issue , like i have had plenty on the Excalibur's , i should be fine :waytogo:

Choppadude

Been beach hunting with the Nox and 15, Gold plated jewlery , 925 rings , with some tungsten , nothing special , thought i fould a nice chain , till it failed a magnet test , hanging in there , happy hunting , Earl

Been using the Nox quite a bit lately but I definitely would never sell my CTX, it's still king. I wish they would combine features of the two and make a Nox 3030 with the CTX's very accurate ID, trigger pinpoint, gps and waypoint functions, and the ability to edit all settings on the PC and save it to the machine. The jumpy ID on the Nox drives me nuts. With the CTX if it's 12/43 you got a penny, 12/44 clad dime, 13/45 SILVER! On the Nox you pretty much just have to dig anything thats jumping around above 24 and see what it is when you dig it out whether it ends up being clad dime, silver dime, fat aluminum bottlecap, or hunk of copper. Very rarely will I get a silver dime over 5" that locks onto 27 and stays there.

Thats what I've been saying. I'd love to see a slimmed down CTX keeping FBS2 with the sweet tones, the accurate FE-CO ID, Target Trace, trigger pinpoint, etc. But add the option to switch to a single frequency "turbo mode" with fast recovery for those really trashy sites. Not even sure if thats possible but it would be awesome! I'd shell out the money for it no doubt.
The Nox is great in its own way, but my worn out knees and spine sure do appreciate the rock solid TID and unmistakable tones of the 3030. The older I get, the more appealing cherry picking becomes.

Great to see you brought another home Choppa!
“It’s heavy, it’s cumbersome, it’s complicated, stuff for it is expensive, IT is expensive, it has stuff I don’t use.....”. And it’s REALLY #&@$ GOOD! I have used, do use and will use again ALL of the features. And it has a CLOCK! Y’all should know by now that I like my clock....:lol:
The biggest thing for me has been the results. It allows a person to cherry pick AT DEPTH, and that is the critical part. Other machines may “see the target” but the CTX has accuracy to go along with it. It SHOULD! It’s expensive! It should do things that other machines either cannot or cannot do AS WELL. I know there’s talk about how the EQX can do everything the CTX can, and what I have to say about that is this...:realitycheck:
I like the 800, I’ll be keeping it for certain things. I like the Explorer, I’ll be keeping that too. But you absolutely positively CANNOT have my CTX.
Like Choppa said....if you have the resources and are on the fence and you want something that IF YOU PAY ATTENTION!....it will repay you in spades....get it.

Back
Top Bottom