1918 S Walker in my back yard

Ronald68

Found my second Walker on my property. 1st was a 1920 D I found in July. Found this 1918 S Walker out back about an hour ago. Using the Andy Sabisch coin shooting program with F2 setting. Found. 1940 Mercury at the fairgrounds yesterday and a 1900 Barber out front Tuesday. Messing with the F2 iron bias and switching to 4khz. I’ve been beating up my property since July and it evidently isn’t searched out!

Attachments

• 30865BB2-942C-4766-95E4-EF489CABAD53.jpeg
    30865BB2-942C-4766-95E4-EF489CABAD53.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 771
Found my second Walker on my property. 1st was a 1920 D I found in July. Found this 1918 S Walker out back about an hour ago. Using the Andy Sabisch coin shooting program with F2 setting. Found. 1940 Mercury at the fairgrounds yesterday and a 1900 Barber out front Tuesday. Messing with the F2 iron bias and switching to 4khz. I’ve been beating up my property since July and it evidently isn’t searched out!

I think most of your settings would have hit that Walker! Maybe not?

Thanks for looking JAK and Groundsweeper! Toysoldier, it would definitely hit on any of those programs. One problem I’ve had out back is that my father in law who we bought this place from is a retired plumber. He cut up copper pipes, left brass scraps and metal fittings of all sorts all over out back. The previous owners before him lived here from the early 1900’s up to the early 90’s. A lot of scrap plumbing pieces and old square nails and such. The programs I used didn’t fix all those scrap hits. I dug this one today in an area I have been over and probably dismissed this signal thinking it was another chunk of copper pipe or aluminum sheet metal scrap etc... guess I’ll have to revisit some spots on the property and recheck them!

Last edited:
Thanks for looking JAK and Groundsweeper! Groundsweeper, it would definitely hit on any of those programs. One problem I’ve had out back is that my father in law who we bought this place from is a retired plumber. He cut up copper pipes, left brass scraps and metal fittings of all sorts all over out back. The previous owners before him lived here from the early 1900’s up to the early 90’s. A lot of scrap plumbing pieces and old square nails and such. The programs I used didn’t fix all those scrap hits. I dug this one today in an area I have been over and probably dismissed this signal thinking it was another chunk of copper pipe or aluminum sheet metal scrap etc... guess I’ll have to revisit some spots on the property and recheck them!

“Retired plumber”.....:lol::lol::lol: That’s not good. In fact, maybe on par with a guy who repaired small engines...:lol: That has GOT to be a MESS! Some nice finds so far though, gotta be more!

“Retired plumber”.....:lol::lol::lol: That’s not good. In fact, maybe on par with a guy who repaired small engines...:lol: That has GOT to be a MESS! Some nice finds so far though, gotta be more!

Yes, I’ve picked out at least 40 pounds of small buried copper scrap in the last 6 months. Those silver coins every now and then keeps me searching/digging the property.

Wow!

Congratulations!

Don't listen to those on this forum who tell you to never hunt your yard!

Hit it hard!.

Those copper cutoffs sound so good!

Congratulations on the walking Liberty! That coin is high on my bucket list.

40 lbs.of copper is worth a lot! Hope you’re saving it to turn in for scrap salvage. It can pay for accessories like a new coil etc.

Back
Top Bottom