Just venting, YouTube videos

If your gonna make videos, show the vdi and the sound. Otherwise your video is useless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes yes yes! I stop watching if they don't show the machine with the VDI AND sound. Those make a great video.

If your making a good ole coinshooting detecting video,probably would be a good idea to learn how to properly dig and replace a plug. . I have seen some youtubers diggin a plug like they were tryin to find the lid to a septic tank !😉😎

I totally agree with you....the Hoover Boys are prime examples of guys digging plugs big enough to bury a Volkswagen.

Oh, one other thing. Something I realized after my hunt yesterday is that I need to resist the thought that filming changes what I've always felt made for a successful hunt. Specifically, a good hunt is getting out to some place that has some potential for good finds, my equipment working as it should, being left alone, enjoying the peace and quiet, a chance to test my skills in difficult conditions, learn something new, and find one interesting thing.

So, yesterday, I found a few wheat pennies, a cool Victorian era ring, and a few other relics. No good coins or tokens. Normally, I really wouldn't have been all that disappointed.

But, after going through the trouble of recording, it would be easy to think it wasn't eye popping enough to bother with editing and sharing and therefore the hunt wasn't a success.

It’s called keeping it real. Even the Hoover boys struggle sometimes and they let you know it especially in their earlier videos.

It’s called keeping it real. Even the Hoover boys struggle sometimes and they let you know it especially in their earlier videos.

Yet they dig craters for a half dime sized token. I don’t care for them

well I do agree with most of the things here, sometimes it's just not possible to appease everybody. Especially when it comes to the sound tones. For instance when I put videos on YouTube detecting the beaches at night, sometimes it is so windy you can't hear the sounds from the detector, but I always show the vdi.

Since we are on this topic, hopefully this is allowed, but I will take any type of advice on my video so I can improve. What do you think I can do better to improve my videos?

Sorry about the link, I don't know how to make the video automatically play in this thread.

Last edited:
Since we are on this topic, hopefully this is allowed, but I will take any type of advice on my video so I can improve. What do you think I can do better to improve my videos?

Sorry about the link, I don't know how to make the video automatically play in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q-22tAj1N4&t=1s

As you are just starting out your channel, I think you're well on your way by letting people get to know you and just starting with a few shorter clips. Some of the high quality channels out there are because of the editing or having someone else that is able to film for you, but I think if you keep your channel true to yourself, you'll build a solid following of subscribers. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q-22tAj1N4&t=1s

On the youtube page itself when you click "share" it will give you this link:

https://youtu.be/7Q-22tAj1N4

You want to copy this part of the link: 7Q-22tAj1N4

Then when you are making a post on the forum click on the youtube icon -
youtube_icon.jpg

and it will put this on your post:
youtube_add.jpg
then paste what you copied from that link 7Q-22tAj1N4 in between those then click on "preview post" to make sure the clip is appearing okay before posting.

As you are just starting out your channel, I think you're well on your way by letting people get to know you and just starting with a few shorter clips. Some of the high quality channels out there are because of the editing or having someone else that is able to film for you, but I think if you keep your channel true to yourself, you'll build a solid following of subscribers. Cheers!

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm trying to make sure I'm making quality videos, but don't want to make them too long just yet.

On the youtube page itself when you click "share" it will give you this link:

https://youtu.be/7Q-22tAj1N4

You want to copy this part of the link: 7Q-22tAj1N4

Then when you are making a post on the forum click on the youtube icon -
View attachment 459323

and it will put this on your post:
View attachment 459324
then paste what you copied from that link 7Q-22tAj1N4 in between those then click on "preview post" to make sure the clip is appearing okay before posting.

Thank you for your help, that worked perfectly.

Finding America’s YouTube Videos are, hands down, the best MD series on YouTube IMHO.
The format, narrative and segues to old photos are outstanding. This should be on TV the History Channel. Well done!

Sounds like Gary needs to take a longer nap. Thanks buddy! Lol
49416f3a8dfdfc9cb596e264481f4ec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm trying to make sure I'm making quality videos, but don't want to make them too long just yet.

What ever happened to that LV bracelet you found ? Real or what ? Last I read , you were going to take it in to have it checked out.

Thought about doing some live digs on video, just for my own memories. I would never share them here or on youtube. I'm sure folks would get tired of bottle caps, pull tabs, beavertails and rusty bits of wire. All of the shaky up downs, out of frame video, Montana wind noise and the constant utterance of profanity would make for a barrage of negative feedback from the professional youtubers and expert vlogging critics. My swing technique would probably be subject to corrective criticism as well. Yeah..... I think I will keep my adventures to myself.:lol:

Thought about doing some live digs on video, just for my own memories. I would never share them here or on youtube. I'm sure folks would get tired of bottle caps, pull tabs, beavertails and rusty bits of wire. All of the shaky up downs, out of frame video, Montana wind noise and the constant utterance of profanity would make for a barrage of negative feedback from the professional youtubers and expert vlogging critics. My swing technique would probably be subject to corrective criticism as well. Yeah..... I think I will keep my adventures to myself.:lol:

Cussing happens and makes it personal lol. You’d be surprised how many people are willing to watch you dig trash. Seeing and hearing bad signals is just as important as good signals. Just yesterday someone in a Facebook group asked for videos of the entire dig, good and bad so they can learn while they can’t dig.

What ever happened to that LV bracelet you found ? Real or what ? Last I read , you were going to take it in to have it checked out.

I haven't had a chance to take it in yet. Shortly after making the post, my work schedule changed and now I'm working until 2-4 in the morning. It's hard to find time to go right now. I definitely plan on going soon though because I am really anxious to find out if it's real or not.

Does anyone watch the Treasure Mountain guy?

Back
Top Bottom