Hunt at a 1787, 1801, and 1857 houses today

Looks like some fun spots and hopefully do well when the grass is short.

Must be something good there!

Congrats on an awesome permission man!!! No doubt you will pull the goods out of there!!! We are running into the same issues with the vegetation being to long on some of our most promising sites.

The permission looks to be great Vic but you may have to mow it before you can detect it. I did that last year on the permission that I dug my one and only Capped Bust Dime on. Trapper

Ty guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dream about places like that, what a great looking permission. You did look a little warm tho. Cooler temp's will be here soon.

You got a dream site there. Definitely going to be some great finds to be found there once the killing frost kills of the vegetation. Too bad they don't take care of the cemetery.

You got a dream site there. Definitely going to be some great finds to be found there once the killing frost kills of the vegetation. Too bad they don't take care of the cemetery.

I’m hoping the frost kills all of that vegetation! Yea it’s a shame about the graves

Congrats on what you found, and I hope you find a lot of goodies when you go back! That place looks like it holds a ton of history! :mder:

Bummer......I was seeing those exact style foundations on homes on my trip to middle PA this weekend and my mind was playing all those possible old sweet silvers nonstop.....but all the houses I drove by were on the main roads and I can only imagine they've been asked a hundred times.......
I generally am just content to pick at the leftovers at the parks though.....and as it turns out , I had one of my best weekends ever hunting parks.....now I have some video editing to do, which is ok, cus my arm needs the break....that CTX is getting too heavy for me....
Hope you snag something nice and old to show us from those yards......
good luck.......

Bummer......I was seeing those exact style foundations on homes on my trip to middle PA this weekend and my mind was playing all those possible old sweet silvers nonstop.....but all the houses I drove by were on the main roads and I can only imagine they've been asked a hundred times.......

I generally am just content to pick at the leftovers at the parks though.....and as it turns out , I had one of my best weekends ever hunting parks.....now I have some video editing to do, which is ok, cus my arm needs the break....that CTX is getting too heavy for me....

Hope you snag something nice and old to show us from those yards......

good luck.......

The park here is dead as a doorknob! I can hunt it all day and not find a dollar in clad. You should look into buying a nox

I avoid woods hunting because I can’t find anything but ticks, poison oak, beer cans and shotgun head stamps. It blows my mind seeing people actually finding coins in the woods.

found my first barber quarter in the middle of the woods on a very very steep hill side....lol Was on one of the only flat spots on the hill, about a 10 by 4 foot spot. I figured must have been a hunters spot for deer hunting way back whe,

Also thats a great Great looking place to hunt, better luck next time!

found my first barber quarter in the middle of the woods on a very very steep hill side....lol Was on one of the only flat spots on the hill, about a 10 by 4 foot spot. I figured must have been a hunters spot for deer hunting way back whe,

All the silver I have found, 2 Barber dimes, a Barber quarter and a Peace Dollar were in woods. The Peace dollar was on a small level spot near a creek.

Ty

It’ll cool off and grass and weed will be shorter.
Looks like to me a good month of hunting at those sites.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom