KT did not make that Flea Market this Saturday...

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
but His Majesty is very happy with what He found at a booth at the Tahlequah OK Gem and Mineral Show this morning!

Sure, His Majesty had to spend some paper money, but the price was reasonable due to the bulk purchase and right in line with what KT has been paying at the Flea Market!

Enjoy the pics! :lol::lol::yes::yes::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• Not CRH coins 08 24 2019 9 Morgans 1 Liberty.jpg
    Not CRH coins 08 24 2019 9 Morgans 1 Liberty.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Not CRH coins 08 24 2019 1 Walker 2 Bens 1 64 Ken.jpg
    Not CRH coins 08 24 2019 1 Walker 2 Bens 1 64 Ken.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 237
Congrats !!!!! …….maybe we should call you "King LotsofSilver" :laughing:

I think you likely buy them for the silver content, but some of them 1800's coins are in pretty good condition ! :thumbsup:

Congrats !!!!! …….maybe we should call you "King LotsofSilver" :laughing:

I think you likely buy them for the silver content, but some of them 1800's coins are in pretty good condition ! :thumbsup:

Royal thanks, GKL! After the purchase, KT checked and there are 2 S mint marks and 1 O mint mark in those Barbers! One has obviously been polished but a couple of them are pretty decent shape and not been cleaned. Into the Dungeon vault they go! :lol::lol:

Very nice KT! Just curious if you run a magnet over those before purchase? The Chinese have become very good at replicating old US silver coins of every type, sometimes even fooling experienced dealers. I have about 100 Morgans and I’ve put off the magnet and/or weight test so far - 😩

Very nice KT! Just curious if you run a magnet over those before purchase? The Chinese have become very good at replicating old US silver coins of every type, sometimes even fooling experienced dealers. I have about 100 Morgans and I’ve put off the magnet and/or weight test so far - 😩

KT has not done that test. In the Royal Vault, once these are added, then there will be 80 in the stacks. Most of these were collected before problems with the Chinese arose. Some day, pehaps out of curiosity and when KT has the idle time, he may weigh them on the Royal Scales. The magnet test should be an easy and quick test...KT assumes that the fake coins will be magnetic, even so slightly whereas real US minted silver dollars will not. KT purchases no premium appearing dollar coins, as He is only interested in the silver content, not the numismatic value. All these coins show some range of normal usage wear.

Those are some great addition to the Kings coffers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom