Cumberland county, PA

Hi, I am in Camp Hill. Just ordered the Garrett Ace 400 and should have it this weekend. After a couple weeks figuring it out it might be fun to hunt with someone else. Let me know if you want to sometime.

Dale

Mildford PA here...Still looking for hunting partner

Been trying for a long time now to find someone to DT with here in NEPA....
I am located in Milford PA near the NY/NJ border.
I am also very interested in any MDT clubs to join in with. Can't seem to find any of that either.
There has to be other people in my area MDT'ing. i find it hard to believe that no one is around given all of this history there is to "unearth and enjoy!"
Please let me hear form soak of you looking to get out and do some hunting. I am fairly new to this area as mentioned in other posts before, so I cant just run out and start hitting the ground like I used to on the NY side.
I just picked up my latest machine which is a Minelab Etrac. great machine, looking to get to diggin!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in here.

Happy hunts! to all of you out there!

Hello central pa diggers. My name is Chase and I live near Williams Grove Speed way. Now there are a few old stone house around here that I’ve been eyeballing for months. I went to the Cumberland County historical society and some were built late 1700s and early 1800s. There is also three old one room school houses in the area. The only thing is I need permissions and i may have a hard time getting them because I’m only twenty three and I don’t think they would take me seriously. So if any one would want to meet up someday and see if we can get these permissions let me know. Also I have a limited amount of time in the area because I’m getting back into the military. Looking forward to hearing back from
Anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunted one room school houses ,,, Never found anything,,, On my last school house hunt there was a man watching me ,,, Half hour goes by and he came over to me,,, He told me he metal detect and he share a story,,, The story he told me was he talked to old people that went to one room school house,,, They told him they we to poor to have lost anything in the play ground,,, They had no toys and if they did it was made out of wood,,,, They wouldn't bring anything that was worth anything to school,,, So think about it before you waste your time like I did,,,, :?:

I hunted one room school houses ,,, Never found anything,,, On my last school house hunt there was a man watching me ,,, Half hour goes by and he came over to me,,, He told me he metal detect and he share a story,,, The story he told me was he talked to old people that went to one room school house,,, They told him they we to poor to have lost anything in the play ground,,, They had no toys and if they did it was made out of wood,,,, They wouldn't bring anything that was worth anything to school,,, So think about it before you waste your time like I did,,,, :?:

This makes a lot of sense...I hunted a one room schoolhouse once from early 1800's and found nothing really except for a skeleton key that was buried right under where the owner told me an outhouse used to be...:shock:

I don't know if I subscribe to the fact that nobody would bring anything valuable to school. Think about the first thing a kid would do if he got his hands on something cool...show his friends at school!

I think the chances are high at any old property that something cool might be right beneath your feet.

Back
Top Bottom