Illinois

Hi all, Rockford here too. Completely new to this and waiting for my new machine to arive. Got a question, how do you go about getting a park district permit to metal detect, and is it worth it? Also thinking of trying to get permission from the state park director, Wayne Rosethal. I'm sure if I call and just ask to go metal detect it will be a no. But I am thinking of doing a little work on it, maybe contact some historical preservation places, like burpee museum and put in writing and offer to donate any historical finds and then write a letter to the director asking for permission. Who knows maybe this permit would allow a whole club to go out and detect (would be much more efficient that way) the area. Are there any metal detecting clubs here in winnebago county?

LandOLincoln, It is pretty easy and we'll worth the park district permit. I think I paid $10...I just went down to Carlson ice arena to get it. Also, a buddy of mine said he got a permit last year from Rock Cut State Park and it was free. Haven't got mine yet though.
Great idea on Burpee, always good to develop good working relationships and contacts like that.
Congrats on the new detector. Everything I read about them is good.

LandOLincoln, It is pretty easy and we'll worth the park district permit. I think I paid $10...I just went down to Carlson ice arena to get it. Also, a buddy of mine said he got a permit last year from Rock Cut State Park and it was free. Haven't got mine yet though.
Great idea on Burpee, always good to develop good working relationships and contacts like that.
Congrats on the new detector. Everything I read about them is good.

I ended up getting my park district permit, went down to uw sports complex downtown. I never realized there were so many parks in rockford until i looked. Thats good to hear rockcut is easy to get a permit for, which reminds me i need to book a campsite for this summer. My nox600 gets here tomorrow, who knows when the 800s will ship, but I really want to get out to a park this weekend and try this thing out. I was also eyeing this property, its condemned and going to be tore down, but not on the list yet. I guess it was a favorite hang out of Al Capone, and there is supposedly a tunnel down to the railroad tracks they used to move liquor during prohibition. I put flooring in the place over 10 years ago when it was turned into a restaurant. Its near tinker park, which is another park I would like to check out. Weather doesnt look great but I dont mind a little rain.

Back
Top Bottom