I went hunting again. . .

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Came away with a $1.07 and a couple bonus finds -- a ring and a shell casing! The ring is a junker but at least I found a ring! The stones are intact but unfortunately the gold plating is flaking off what appears to be maybe silver but it's not marked so who knows what the base metal is. The shell is a 223 REM initials on top say F. C.

The quarter was on top of the ground an eyeball find and there were 11 corroded zinc pennies. The only copper was a 1982! And I got five dimes and four nickels!

Not too bad and it was an enjoyable hunt as the weather cooperated -- slight sprinkle occasionally and the sky was overcast very cloudy and quite a bit of a breeze so I was kept pretty cool.

I used the Tesoro Compadre today while I wait for my new headphones for the AT PRO!

Thanks for looking good luck and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_165300.jpg
    IMG_20210619_165300.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_20210619_165543.jpg
    IMG_20210619_165543.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Got out again today.

Got another 90 cents. Nothing exciting. Might be stormy tonight. That will help the ground be a little easier to dig next time I get out.

Yeah, that's a double edge sword. Easier to dig but messy and dirty.

Cliff

Yep that's for sure. Already storming right now wasn't expected until late tonight so we'll get a good soaking then it's supposed to be good and clear for Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and then maybe Friday or Saturday the rain's coming back in for a couple of days.

Yep that's for sure. Already storming right now wasn't expected until late tonight so we'll get a good soaking then it's supposed to be good and clear for Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and then maybe Friday or Saturday the rain's coming back in for a couple of days.
It's raining here right now in Southeast Texas. The dirt here is either like concrete when it's dry or chocolate pudding when it's wet.

Cliff

Another day another hunt. . .

Went to my usual school ground this morning for a couple hours and found $2.11 (7 quarters, 3 dimes, 4 zincolns and 2 copper pennies -- 1967 & 1980) and another ring -- one of those mood rings that's supposed to change color -- this one does a little bit not completely. I guess it's been in the ground too long. And I did find another zipper pull by the slide again. This is the same slide that I found eight or nine zipper pulls in one hunt!

Depending on the weather (rain is expected) I plan to return to the school ground this afternoon for a couple more hours. I was finding quarters left and right. I want to see if my luck holds up! 😛

UPDATE:

UNFORTUNATELY. . . The luck did not hold up! ☹️ I found one more quarter so that gave me 8 for the day so that's good! And I got one dime and 2 corroded pennies! (.37 + $2.11 = $2.48 for the day so I'm not complaining) It was a pleasant day in the mid-to-upper 70's.

Last edited:
It sure feels good to get out, the finds are just bonuses. Congrats on the goodies and the fresh air!

We are having unseasonably cooler weather for June that must be due to the recent tropical storm/hurricane that went through the eastern part of the state. Thankfully we didn't get much of the rain just enough to make the ground softer!

Back
Top Bottom