holy dryspell !!!!

bobac

Elite Member
Well, I've kinda had to put detecting on the back burner for a few months.....summer stuff, fixing up the house the pool, yard cleanup.....not to even mention work that is still 12 hours a day again.....:(:mad::mad:

I have had a few permissions at some sweet old yards and fields....I did manage a few Indians at 2 old foundations....Was kind of hoping for a leftover seated coin, but no luck.
The past couple nights I'd been looking at Google maps an dran across a park that I have never detected. Its super small and doesn't have great access so I thought it may have not been hit so much . So I dragged my butt out of bed Sunday morning and drove down there . I had a sweet sweet 8-9 inch deep quarter tone and was super stoked . I did a recording and it ended up being a brass threaded junk item. Then two clad dimes...then some more junk items.....The next target was a scratchy one way 12-45 that kept disappearing on me. I did not record and sure enough out pops a merc. So I decide to record the next couple digs.....I get a clean beautiful 6 inch 12-44, and its a memorial. then a beautiful 12-46 that I recorded ends up being a chunk of twisted brass of some sort. Then a few juicy signals that turned out to be memorials again. Then I get a patch of iron and scratchy grunts all over ...but theres a small hint of high tone mixed in there. I had just dug up the same sound and ended up being an old large rusty fat bolt, I mean half inch thick and 4 inches long. I was getting tired and dehydrated and I had just gotten my 2nd vaccination two days before so I decided I'd check out one more crappy signal and head home. And I was tired of recording junk targets.....And wouldn't ya know it there it was a deep dull silver disk amongst all the rusty dirt.....
Oh well......both of the keepers were well worn but I was so so happy to end the long rut I was in. Half through the year and I'm just at silver #22.
I also lost my stock coil for my CTX a few months ago and they said they do not repair them. Anyone else have issues with the stock coil??

Oh yeah I forgot about the button. It was only an inch or so deep , so I'm assuming its a reproduction for re-enactments of some sort ....

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 570
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 584
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 567
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 582
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 567
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 563
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 554
  • 20210601_184803.jpg
    20210601_184803.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 558
  • 20210615_003820.jpg
    20210615_003820.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 552
That IHP is in beautiful shape. You can see every detail. Congrats on some great finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is super dry here too Bob, it’s a wonder things aren’t just spontaneously igniting right now. No rain in sight either, that’s bad. Looks like you did pretty damn well again, som VERY nice looking items there!

Back
Top Bottom