Birthday Present

Numil

Elite Member
A little late posting this but better late than never. Tuesday was my birthday and I took the morning off and hit the beach for some "me" time. Surf has been up on all sides of the island so I headed to a semi-sheltered beach but after an hour of fighting the surf I headed into knee deep to wet sand hunting.

Coming up on 3 hrs of hunting I was getting tired. I was hunting in all-metal mode and after lots and lots of bottle caps and trash I hit a tone which I took for just another bottle cap. Imagine my surprise when bouncing in the scoop was a ring. In the hand it was yellow and heavy and I quickly put it in the pouch away from curious eyes. It was time to head out so I'll head home and sort out the booty there.

Examining the ring there were no ID marks, dates, or initials and only the karat stamp. The karat is worn but you can make out 18K. The four colored stones make this one unique and it kind of reminds me of fruit-cake.

Its been a while since I scored yellow (last Feb) and this makes getting a year older bearable. I chalk it up to my new T-shirt present from my wife.
Looks like I have a new lucky shirt!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting and good luck everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 653
  • 14.8 ring.jpg
    14.8 ring.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 635
  • Seahorse1.jpg
    Seahorse1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 638
  • a14K Ring.jpg
    a14K Ring.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 643
  • Seahorse1a.jpg
    Seahorse1a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 622
That sure is a beauty of a birthday/birthstone ring there Numil! Looks like its old and has been there a while too...Very nice snag and Happy Birthday Brother!

:dingding: You gotta love it when you take a day off to detect and it pays off! Especially when it's on your birthday! :party:

That sure is a beauty of a birthday/birthstone ring there Numil! Looks like its old and has been there a while too...Very nice snag and Happy Birthday Brother!

Thanks Mud for the B'day wishes. However, I did discover that it was birthdays that were making me older so I'm gonna give them up!

Happy birthday and sweet 18k man congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons!

What a nice birthday surprise. Congrats. Are the stones sapphires ? Looks good

Not sure what the stones are. There are 5, violet, red, yellow, green, and bluish clear. Will have to get them looked at... someday but for now I would guess yellow = citrine, red = garnet, violet amethyst, the blue/clear stone aquamarine, and the blue stone topaz.

These are just guesses though and what I've mentioned are birthstones.

Great birthday! Butter in the scoop! That's nice, and to have it be 18K is even better! Sure glad the surf was up!

Back
Top Bottom