• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Old spot new detector

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
I got a minelab GPX 4500 yesterday. I took it out to a beaten Confederate spot I hunt to see what it could do. Well I'm impressed with the first hunt. Finding minie balls at a foot can be tiring lol. We have hunted this spot with Whites Fisher Deus Tecknetics detectors. This is like putting your thumb on the scale.

Attachments

• 15195701116522.jpg
    15195701116522.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 732
  • 15195701034551.jpg
    15195701034551.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 697
  • 15195700919500.jpg
    15195700919500.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 676
Like those two ring bullets. Should be a couple of good Confederate buttons left to go with the two ringers.

Great hunt buddy. You are gonna love the GPX! Very deep but have to swing slower. Deeper and small iron may not break up on signal so you will dig some iron. But depth more than makes up for that

Great hunt buddy. You are gonna love the GPX! Very deep but have to swing slower. Deeper and small iron may not break up on signal so you will dig some iron. But depth more than makes up for that
Thanks buddy. I'm getting the hang of it for as little time I have on it. If it sounds smooth from start to finish it's a good target. Any kind of wobble tells me it's iron. Just what I've learned nin two days. I have lots to learn yet.

Any time I use a differant detector, any time I use a differant coil, I find more stuff ! I'm beginning to believe one is not much, or any better than the other .

i can only imagine if you'd scrape the ground another foot and really see what d you find. 4500 minelab is good off the scale good. wait till the 7000 becomes more affordable.... get one of those little bobcats and scrape the ground like they do in the gold fields.:lol:

Any time I use a differant detector, any time I use a differant coil, I find more stuff ! I'm beginning to believe one is not much, or any better than the other .

You're right. I've hunted this spot with different detectors over the last 18 years & anytime I took a new one in there I found stuff. I started with a whites XLT then a Fisher CZ then a t2 then a G2 all found stuff. This new pulse machine is the deepest thing I've ever swung. HH Tim

You're right. I've hunted this spot with different detectors over the last 18 years & anytime I took a new one in there I found stuff. I started with a whites XLT then a Fisher CZ then a t2 then a G2 all found stuff. This new pulse machine is the deepest thing I've ever swung. HH Tim

Gpx...the deepest there is.:yes:

Like those two ring bullets. Should be a couple of good Confederate buttons left to go with the two ringers.

It was my first time out with the GPX. I was trying to stick to high conductors. I did dig a few low to see what was there though. It'll pick up .22" bullets at 4-5" and sound like there on top of the ground. I need to burry a button & see what it sound like. Then go after those. I'm pretty sure there's a couple good buttons in there also. My friend Bill found a very nice script I button there a few years ago. Thanks buddy

Back
Top Bottom