• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

patriot or F75 LTD

FF/MEDIC

Ok so I understand that you get what you pay for. That being said is the $400 more worth it to get f75 ltd over the patriot?

Depends on your wants and needs.
F75's have DST, newer ones anyway, if you demand quiet hunting at all times you have a better shot with the Fisher.
You can get the Patriot quiet too but more quiet settings possible with the DST.
All the F75's have programs built in, even the 85th anniversary edition which you can still probably get for $500 but without boost or cache.
No programs on the Patriot but I would rather use my own settings so no big deal to me....for others it might be.
The Fisher has that trigger, plus more adjustments like pitch control and a few others.
The only one I think I would like to have that might be useful to me is the ability to notch out half sections, like getting rid of beaver tail tabs but keeping in sta tabs...a more common area for gold.
The Patriot can notch fine but whole sections are affected, not half.
The Patriot has boost, it can come in handy I have found.
You can control the thresh in disc on the Patriot, that can have some pretty good unmasking abilities if you set it right and learn to understand it.

They are built on the same platform with similar core engines and for the most part can do most things in a similar manner with similar coils.
Many F75 owners for years just always believed the F70 was just a poor imitation of theirs, it cost so much less it just couldn't be as good.
Dave Johnson one day finally came on the forums and put that notion to rest once and for all... John Gardiner wrote the code but he designed the things.

The F75's are Cadillacs with many features that can make it very comfortable to use.
The F70/Patriot is a rat rod, maybe not so pretty and less whistles and bells but what counts is still there...pure power and jaw dropping abilities.

Different flavors for different hunters, nice to have a choice if you can figure out what kind of person you are.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply! Fortunate to have so many options! Just tough to know which is best!

I'm probably going with the F75 LTD......it has some features like 2H, 2L, lowering iron audio in 2 tone so in fields with little trash might help unmask some good finds. The real question is do I holdout for the new models or go for the LTD.

I'm probably going with the F75 LTD......it has some features like 2H, 2L, lowering iron audio in 2 tone so in fields with little trash might help unmask some good finds. The real question is do I holdout for the new models or go for the LTD.

The regular F75 has these tone settings as well. PM me for a price quote as the F75 models can be a lot closer in price to the Patriot as you may think.

The regular F75 has these tone settings as well. PM me for a price quote as the F75 models can be a lot closer in price to the Patriot as you may think.

Craig is 100 % right,you should contact him.F75 has emi resistance,the patriot does not.Youll wish you had a F75 when you run into emi

Like D27 said, (wise advice)...you gotta figure out what kind of 'person' you are and what you want to hunt in your area...and then get the gear that best suits these parameters....

This Sport and its gear is quite similar to fitting somebody with fishing equipment...If you ENJOY flipping docks, or popping gills on the weedlines, you dont really need a 19' Stratos with a 250HP motor and a depth gauge....

I like popping gills and flipping docks as fast and easy as possible in a 14' with a 15hp 4 stroke!....I always have a great time and come home with fish! So, along these lines, knowing me, I would be swinging a Patriot! But thats just me...:laughing::laughing:

You gotta figure out what really trips your trigger for YOUR ultimate satisfaction in your limited time on this Planet! You may enjoy hunting deep old silver...if so, get the 75.....You live in Ohio and thats some really old dirt there...tough call, we just dont know enough about you to steer you right...

You gotta figure this out first! Are you 'Shallow, simple, cheap and fast?' Or do you find your Maximum enjoyment by dicking around in a 19' 250HP Stratos without a lot to show for it?? Its a personal matter only you can answer...How do you like to fish? :laughing:

I like popping gills and flipping docks as fast and easy as possible in a 14' with a 15hp 4 stroke!....I always have a great time and come home with fish! So, along these lines, knowing me, I would be swinging a Patriot! But thats just me...:laughing::laughing: :laughing:

Same here mud-puppy.....15' with a 20hp.
That boat makes gas and fills coolers with fish for peanuts.
Much like my low budget compadres(I waterproofed one!) and Mojave.
I guess flipping docks and tight lining Lilly pads are the fishing equivalent
of tot-lot gold and park clad stabbing.:lol:
May go high tech one day......time will tell:?:

Noah

I guess flipping docks and tight lining Lilly pads are the fishing equivalent
of tot-lot gold and park clad stabbing.:lol:
May go high tech one day......time will tell:?:

Noah

Yeah! Exactly Noah! Plus, a guy learns all sorts of valuable skills chip kicking totters and park clad stabbing that can be applied to other genres of this Sport...and we all know, some really nice monsters have been captured by the 'gill fishermen...If you got the skills to do one, they translate over into another!

Like what Strother Martin said to encourage his son Tommy Chong, on the 1978 documentary "Up in Smoke"...."You Know, bend and scoop, like the Mexicans! You start out on strawberries and work your way up to Bananas!" :laughing: You can see his sage advice given on youtube by simply googling "You get a job before Sundown"...:laughing: The whole clip is only a minute and a half, but well worth the watch!

Back
Top Bottom