Headstamps galore today!

gtodude

So today I went out to detect a couple large parcels of woods that I have access to in Bristol, IN...wow I don’t think I’ve ever found so many headstamps in my life! I think I’m up to 15 now, nothing coinwise and a ton of slaw! About to head back out before dinner, I’ll post pics later. Some look to be quite old, but I know nothing about these things so maybe the more knowledgeable members of our group can chime in.

I’ll be back!

Ok so the mosquitoes tried to carry me away so I called it quits for the evening. Found 1 more headstamp and 3 piles of old bricks almost in the middle of the woods. I detected all around the bricks and nothing of interest ☹️. Washing the headstamps now, stay tuned.

I'm staying tuned! Head stamps are a great consolation prize to me when I am not finding coins and most of the ones I find seen to be pre-WW I

Picture of everything I found today aside from the slaw...Enjoy!

Attachments

• 5F59815A-00CF-4226-95C0-91E6E0CCE3E4.jpeg
    5F59815A-00CF-4226-95C0-91E6E0CCE3E4.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 182
Heading back out in a little while, I still can't believe I didn't find a single coin. Seems these hunters weren't about losing money. :lol:

Heading back out in a little while, I still can't believe I didn't find a single coin. Seems these hunters weren't about losing money. :lol:

I thought the same thing. I've found probably 300-400 headstamps from a couple locations around where I hunt, thought for sure they must have dropped something while reaching into their pockets for shells. But only found a V nickel, an IHP, and 2 Seated Quarters. Sure, the quarters are nice, but 4 coins in all that other stuff is pretty low odds......

Back
Top Bottom