• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett AT pinpointer..

sllingshot47

Elite Member
From all the videos, I like it the best. How durable is it? I don't plan any rough usage- mostly for scanning the shallows. Some have said theirs is still ticking, others have trouble. Would appreciate feedback. I like it because it has side detection as well. Thanks.

I can't hunt without it. Pretty much indestructible and water resistant.
I've owned others but none of them perform like the Garrett carrot.
Buy with confidence.
You will not be disappointed.

I've put my original one through the paces and it STILL works!!! :yes: Granted, it has been a few years since I have detected daily (i.e. I only detect when I can right now), but it still doesn't get rid of the fact of before.

In my humble opinion, I think you will not be disappointed with the new one. :good:

Happy hunting \_

I own about every pinpointer ever made. All of my Garretts still work, yet sensitivity has waned, and the audio volume has become an issue.

I thought that I was finally fixed up as far as a pinpointer with the latest Fisher F-Pulse. My first one was excellent in every way.

Well, that F-Pulse unit began locking up. The replacement didn't lock up, BUT THE SECOND DOES NOT MATCH SENSITIVITY LIKE THE FIRST.

I depend on my Garrett carrot, even though it has dropped in sensitivity. The F-Pulse I ended up with after the replacement is basically a Garrett carrot, except it's green.

I'm not sure what I should recommend. The F-Pulse is tough, matches the Carrot in depth, and has a few special features that the Carrot doesn't.

I would go with the F-Pulse I guess. Darn shame that Fisher had to detune their first iteration of the Pulse I owned for two weeks, resulting in a plain-jane "green carrot" in general. That first generation F-Pulse wasn't a particularly perfect pinpointer. Depth 4-5 inches on nickels, and solid 3.5 inches on silver dimes.

Fisher apparently couldn't maintain good quality assurance, but the F-Pulse still does the same job as well as the Carrot, and it has extra features.

jm2c

Back
Top Bottom