Hunt of the year...double digit Sword silvers

Captain Silver

Elite Member
I went to Iron Beach for the low tide with the Excal Sword
looking for a silver or 2 to get me closer to maybe getting 100 for the season. Found nothing but scrap and a couple clad coins for the first 45 minutes and then working towards some exposed boulders that looked good to sit on, I scooped 3 wheats in a row from pretty deep near the bottom of the slope...and the next target was a Merc. That was just the first silver...I definitely wasn't expecting to find 9 more around those big rocks in the next 2 hours:shock: The trash...the rest...18 cents in old clad, 7 wheats and 10 silvers:D silvers #78-#87...2 crumbling War nickels, a 1944 GW, a 1957 Rosie and 6 Mercs dating from 1920-1944...... By the time it got dark and I was done digging, there were so many holes it looked like the small 20 x 30 foot section of slope had been carpet bombed:laughing: I'll have to go back tomorrow and make sure I got it all...the beach has been real good lately but this was a stellar hunt:yes: if this keeps up I probably won't go dirt digging again 'till next spring:lol: That's all for this outing so thanks for looking, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
:dingding: That many silvers in a hunt gets the dinger! That one hunt beat my whole year's silver coin totals. :wow:

Were

Is the Gold? They are posting plenty siver on the coin shooter forum , do you want Craig to seed the beach 4 U :?: howboutit Craig :yes::D. Ps show us the power of the Sword :grin:

Awesome Bruce! Back in the silver saddle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Gold? They are posting plenty siver on the coin shooter forum , do you want Craig to seed the beach 4 U :?: howboutit Craig :yes::D. Ps show us the power of the Sword :grin:

I'll seed the beach with your scoops and detectors Earl... I'll pay for the shipping.. all that equipment will make a couple dozen CT beach hunters very happy... :lol:

Nice finds Bruce...

Lol

Hey Bruce the last merc i posted here this year from a beach hunt, i didnt have many replies , Craig i see the beach forum changing, the new thing is a thousand silver threads from the Captain, alot of gold from Broncfan, nothing from you, pi joe retired, must be dring up thier in Ct , ps Captain ill send you an updated water and land machine UP 4 xmas , but Craig can give you one, since he's DONE. Bruce gold 1237.52, Silver 14.52 wake up and smell the roses , Craigs not going to wake you, go get some

An amazing hunt Bruce. 10 Silver in one outing is fantastic no matter if from dirt or water. I hope your return trip is productive also as you close in on that century mark. Huge Congrats! Trapper

Great hunt! You're well on your way to 100. Hope it's still open tomorrow.

R5

Hey Bruce the last merc i posted here this year from a beach hunt, i didnt have many replies , Craig i see the beach forum changing, the new thing is a thousand silver threads from the Captain, alot of gold from Broncfan, nothing from you, pi joe retired, must be dring up thier in Ct , ps Captain ill send you an updated water and land machine UP 4 xmas , but Craig can give you one, since he's DONE. Bruce gold 1237.52, Silver 14.52 wake up and smell the roses , Craigs not going to wake you, go get some

I can't hunt with my balance as messed up as it is right now... not fun driving and getting the spins like I did this past week.. not safe either.. If I could hunt I would be out there Earl...

I can't hunt with my balance as messed up as it is right now... not fun driving and getting the spins like I did this past week.. not safe either.. If I could hunt I would be out there Earl...

Hope you recover and can get out soon.
Enjoy reading our finds posts.

That's a great silver day Captain! If that area gets washed by the tide and waves you're almost certain to find more tomorrow. Good luck!

CFM-Ct

It's all good , you will make a come back , just trying to get the Captain fired up, so he get's some gold while your out of service, look's like Mark is Gold King up North this year, at least your not getting the big snow like down South is this weekend , not looking good , Craig try the Kung Fu walk on rice paper blind folded , when you don"t see your print's :sneaking: you regained your balance :D , if that doesn't work , tell your wife to take you to Yoga class :D :laughing:, happy hunting, Earl

Holy honey hole, Captain! Bring a rake or something to scrape off the top layer, and hit it again! As ugly as those silvers are, they're still good silvers. I would love to dig ten in one hunt! Also, we've seen how nice and shiny that Iron Beach gold is. Get some more of that, too, while you're at it!

Back
Top Bottom