Best for beach?

Probably ATMax but forget all those detectors and buy an Equinox 600, it will work a saltwater beach way better than aforementioned machines!

Salt water? Go with the Equinox 600. Or the Anfibio. The 600 is cheaper and does a great job in the wet sand. In the dry sand any detector will do. Unless the sand is wet from rain. Those detectors you mention are just not up to the task of salt water beaches. You would have to dial them back to remain stable. Dialling them back means shallow targets. That means light weight targets like foil and tabs. Gold is deep. Just the facts of science.

Appreciate the feedback. Have to laugh how this site has become an Equinox site. I'm sure it's great but not everyone has one.

None of those will handle salt saturated sand without falsing, get yourself one of the proven salt water detectors...

I can’t answer for the at max but I have an at pro I carry to the beach when we go on vacation. Just ground balance and hunt it’s always been very stable machine at the beach.

Appreciate the feedback. Have to laugh how this site has become an Equinox site. I'm sure it's great but not everyone has one.

Not a Equinox owner but I think the recommendation is because it’s the latest technology available. It’s versatility makes it land and saltwater in one detector. The key to salt water hunting is multi frequency detectors. Not knowing what type of beach hunting you plan on doing is why I think it was recommended. If I were buying new for all types of hunting I would either have two dedicated machines or one all purpose multi frequency (a la Equinox).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying you have access to those three and want to know which one will work best between them?

I think he has the T2 and the vaquero based on the signature at the bottom. At least in my experience everyone post the detectors they own there. I’ve hunted the beach several times with my at pro and always got good depth with no falsing. The wet sand will ground balance different than the dry sand. As long as you ground balance again when switching between the two it works fine. I would assume the at max would be no different.

You never said fresh water or salt water? Fresh water you could probably get away with an at pro but salt water you really ought to jump up to a minelab. I've seen a few people here try to use an at pro in the salt water and it just goes crazy, but maybe that's local conditions...

I think he has the T2 and the vaquero based on the signature at the bottom. At least in my experience everyone post the detectors they own there. .

I seen that and figured he could borrow a friend's AT if it would work better.

Yeah I didn’t think about borrowing one. I was thinking he was gonna buy one but either way out of the three he listed I think the at pro is the best option.

Back
Top Bottom