Need Nox 800 tip for gold signals.

I wish I knew! :lol: The trashy spots I hunt are loaded with pull tabs, can slaw, little bits of aluminum, not to mention rotten zincs everywhere. All of these fall into the gold range so finding gold at these places is tough. I would say the best bet might be to grid off small areas at a time and dig everything. The spots I know I'm going to return to frequently I usually try to dig 15-20 "junk" targets every time I hunt there to thin out the trash a bit and maybe get lucky with a good find here and there. Hopefully some others here that find gold consistently will chime in with some better advice. Good luck on your quest!

Well, I know its a fools errand, but I am committing myself to figure out how to set up this NOX, employing various other coil manipulation techniques over targets to see if this is possible..

Thats my 2019 seasons goal, to carefully practice and set up an go over all the old familiar dirt I know that I've covered with my single freaks to see if this is possible with the NOX 800...

I'm approaching this subject scientifically..it takes some time behind the coil to 'hear' the subtleties of signals...Working the right dirt and not having to 'dig it all' to pull gold would be nice....I gotta get the settings right, understand them audibly, hopping coil and whatnot to see if this may be possible...

I am not sure as of this date...I will be by next Spring.....theres a LOT of dirt gold out there that has seen a coil overhead and was left behind dismissed as 'trash'..I'm seriously working towards this goal and will keep the Forum informed to the results..these targets TIDs in the photo are with my F70...What is interesting to note is how low the white gold 18k heavy came in much lower than a smaller 14k yellow..so we are up against a situation here..It might be solved via discerning 'mass and profile signature' of the item....this is my hope...

One massive chain or heavy K ring makes for a hell of a payday...I aint concerned about missing the small 10ks...a guy has to think about this logically and with information, experience and understanding the target...

I'm gonna fiddle with the high freak settings over tabs/trash and equally tidded gold rings for starters..to see if I can hear any diff.......

Although a speedy ability to pull all targets certainly comes into play, I got that nailed...but who wants to do that in a trashy park or dig nickels all day long in hopes of random lucky gold?? I wanna wade in there and pull the gold and leave the trash of course...Its a viable study that has a slight chance of working, and thats enough for me to attempt...

Attachments

• study.jpg
    study.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
Well, I know its a fools errand, but I am committing myself to figure out how to set up this NOX, employing various other coil manipulation techniques over targets to see if this is possible..

Thats my 2019 seasons goal, to carefully practice and set up an go over all the old familiar dirt I know that I've covered with my single freaks to see if this is possible with the NOX 800...

I'm approaching this subject scientifically..it takes some time behind the coil to 'hear' the subtleties of signals...Working the right dirt and not having to 'dig it all' to pull gold would be nice....I gotta get the settings right, understand them audibly, hopping coil and whatnot to see if this may be possible...

I am not sure as of this date...I will be by next Spring.....theres a LOT of dirt gold out there that has seen a coil overhead and was left behind dismissed as 'trash'..I'm seriously working towards this goal and will keep the Forum informed to the results..these targets TIDs in the photo are with my F70...What is interesting to note is how low the white gold 18k heavy came in much lower than a smaller 14k yellow..so we are up against a situation here..It might be solved via discerning 'mass and profile signature' of the item....this is my hope...

One massive chain or heavy K ring makes for a hell of a payday...I aint concerned about missing the small 10ks...a guy has to think about this logically and with information, experience and understanding the target...

I'm gonna fiddle with the high freak settings over tabs/trash and equally tidded gold rings for starters..to see if I can hear any diff.......

Although a speedy ability to pull all targets certainly comes into play, I got that nailed...but who wants to do that in a trashy park or dig nickels all day long in hopes of random lucky gold?? I wanna wade in there and pull the gold and leave the trash of course...Its a viable study that has a slight chance of working, and thats enough for me to attempt...

That is the holy grail for the Nox 800. I think it will (if at all possible) take a lot of testing and careful listening to target audio response.

Some times it makes my head dizzy trying to find the right tone breaks, etc to do something like this.

when you figure it out PLEASE, PLEASE share.

Based on my use and testing,
Looking for gold in trashy places.
Key on targets reading 7-14.
One could miss some bigger gold, but a lot of trash is not heard.

One can hunt a site with zero tones for all regions except as noted above.
Lot of clad and foil and pull tabs with rings gone tonally.
Nickels, rings, tabs, etc will come through.

Person can vary sensitivity while sweeping targets to get a sense of depth too, in addition to depth meter.

Person can turn on horseshoe button after target location. If iron is sounded off near target,,,this could be more masked target. I like digging these as some detectors/detectorist may not have ever heard tonally previously.

A person could change speed setting too, to see how much a target is challenged.

Back
Top Bottom