Ditched the Equinox update.

The problem that I had with the update was that I got a lot of EMI with it. I also started getting interference with the Pro-Find 35. I just bought a laptop for site research while dirt fishing. I put the ML utility on it so I can switch back and forth on the firmware went hunting a site to find which would be best on the same site. When physically able, I'll try it.

I had pinpoint w-a-a-y off to the side of the hole, plus the VDI on high conductors went high. If nothing else though...that pinpoint and repeatedly having to widen the first dig to one side, front back, all over the chart...THAT SENT ME BACK TO 1.5 version. Ver 1.5 brought my PP accuracy right back to livable.

Shallower the targets, less ugly hole as expected, with 1,75. Pinpoint at depth with 1.75? Sorrrrry accuracy here in Texas.

Old web site

I was referring to the new program making the machine smoother. But to me ..... smooth dont necessarily mean better. Maybe i just like chatter.....:laughing:

What really helps with the 800 is the tone/pitch adjustments. Taking that first bin (iron) down to 1 with a volume of 2 and turning off the threshold then finding the right tone in bin 2 that suits your hunting. Because any iron bleed seems to give you a tone from bin 2..... much like iron gives you a high tone on other machines. I had been running iron on 3..... but taking it to 1 was a good move.

CHUCK..... are you aware this page comes up when you hit ... go to your home page? Is this right?

http://gold-scoop.com/

Thanks for noting this but that is an old "Dog" of a web address that I ditched a long time ago.
The correct address is: www.stealthscoop.com

well I updated the 800 as soon as the update came out. Didn't find any gold before and haven't found any since- so I guess the update works fine on my machine:laughing:

Well when you get here you need to continue using that broke A$$$ machine.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Leave the Xcal at home.:lol:

Get here and we will do some comparing.... never know. We are getting a lot of water movement this week.....churing up the Red Tide smell out there WHEN you can get in the water.

Waited a while before getting the update, updated, used it a bit and considering going back. My thing is, it worked pretty well for me originally, kinda a "ain't broke don't fix it" kinda thing.

Found some of the VDI different, depth meter still wrong, and pinpoint off worse in the wet sand. Might give it a bit more time but if the old program was finding gold it's hard to argue with...

I haven’t updated mine yet either and I’m thinking twice about it now

Waited a while before getting the update, updated, used it a bit and considering going back. My thing is, it worked pretty well for me originally, kinda a "ain't broke don't fix it" kinda thing.

Found some of the VDI different, depth meter still wrong, and pinpoint off worse in the wet sand. Might give it a bit more time but if the old program was finding gold it's hard to argue with...

Still not sure if the original testers ever tested the update on salt beaches? Wondering if the Aussie hunter finding the gold might be actually doing better if he switched back to the old program? It's one of those scary thoughts:shock: I know mine makes more noise in the old program near the water,but i can run it hotter and it finds smaller stuff. The update makes a lot of noise on the sideswing bad though. Old version doesn't do it at all. Use the new program and everything goes downhill. Think only one of my friends is still using the new program? Everybody else threw in the towel.

Im pretty certain they tested the new program..... just as certain they tweaked beach 2 which was supposed to be improve things in the salt water.

Still not sure if the original testers ever tested the update on salt beaches? Wondering if the Aussie hunter finding the gold might be actually doing better if he switched back to the old program? It's one of those scary thoughts:shock: I know mine makes more noise in the old program near the water,but i can run it hotter and it finds smaller stuff. The update makes a lot of noise on the sideswing bad though. Old version doesn't do it at all. Use the new program and everything goes downhill. Think only one of my friends is still using the new program? Everybody else threw in the towel.

Yea that's the thing, if conditions are iffy, or even if conditions are good, we might always be wondering if we'd find more gold with the old or new software :) I probably haven't given it the time it deserves with the new update, but if you're trying to hunt erosion and only have a few hours on a good tide then anyone would want the best chance at finding the goodies, in my opinion the old software found the goodies just fine so I'll be switching back.

Might as well learn the intricacies of one software run and stick with it. As for your one friend still using the new update, I could see the allure of trying that if you had a lot of competition, but then again he'd be kicking himself if everyone else did well in a given day and he walked away with nothing, even if it had nothing to do with the software :D tough road for sure. ;)

Back
Top Bottom