50 tones on the Equinox 600

Dan B.

Elite Member
If I run 50 tones and then run T1 up to 13 at zero volume in all metal mode will that cause me to mask targets ?

If I run 50 tones and then run T1 up to 13 at zero volume in all metal mode will that cause me to mask targets ?

When you say run T1 up to 13,what do you mean here exactly?
Upping your disc ?? Or adjusting your tone pitch??

I don’t have 600 unit, instead 800 unit.
I can make my detector emulate the 600 I think?
And answer your question hopefully.

You won't hear anything from 13 down which will include nickels. You'll still be able to see the VDI of numbers 13 and down. Gold hides in 13 and down too.

When you say run T1 up to 13,what do you mean here exactly?
Upping your disc ?? Or adjusting your tone pitch??

I don’t have 600 unit, instead 800 unit.
I can make my detector emulate the 600 I think?
And answer your question hopefully.

You won't hear anything from 13 down which will include nickels. You'll still be able to see the VDI of numbers 13 and down. Gold hides in 13 and down too.

Thanks to the both of you for your Insight. I primarily hunt Fields were old structures and towns used to exist. I can lower it below 13 but the reason why I asked the question is my brain goes bonkers hearing all the sounds of little tiny pieces of brass and lead. I run my iron discrimination at 0 to 1 just making sure that the iron is not masking anyting. Thanks again

Thanks to the both of you for your Insight. I primarily hunt Fields were old structures and towns used to exist. I can lower it below 13 but the reason why I asked the question is my brain goes bonkers hearing all the sounds of little tiny pieces of brass and lead. I run my iron discrimination at 0 to 1 just making sure that the iron is not masking anyting. Thanks again

Some masking will happen if you start raising disc.
One of the advantages of the 800 model is you can run any part ofnthe nonferrous range at zero volume tone wise.
So say I want to dodge a lot of the smaller foil, etc, I would zero out tonally region 1-4.
I wouldn’t want to get too close to say number 7. Allowing a little space let’s the equinox breathe a bit. Some good gold rings, buttons could be found lurking in this area.

Back
Top Bottom