Yes, yes -NOOO!

melbajoe

Forum Supporter
Minding my business doing the dry sand shuffle when I get a 17 on the nox. A scoop and change later-yes ring in the scoop-yellow- after it clean it off I look and yes there’s writing inside . Don’t have my glasses but squinting I think I make out 10 k-yes. Figure being 10 k the stones are fake but it’s gold. Get home check it out and the 10k is 18k-yes! Oh but wait what’s all the other stuff-GERSC-google Gold Electroplate. NOOO😟. It looked so good my wife said “I’ll take it thanks”. Needless to say it was given back. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• E741C982-C70B-4738-BCA5-AA86F4953151.jpg
    E741C982-C70B-4738-BCA5-AA86F4953151.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 553
Happy Wife. Happy Life. At least you found something. Last beach hunt of over three hours yielded one stinking quarter. And yes the water was a bit on the cool side.

Moral of the story..... don’t tell the wife it’s not real. If she finds out it’s not real.... tell her how smart she is lol

Still got your juices flowing for a while. I know the feeling.

Yup, it happened to me too Joe. I thought I found a nice oldie and was going to have it cleaned up and have my initial put in it, only to find out it was plated.

I had them make a mold of it and make me a "real" one. Below are pic of both.

Ring.jpg

011 (500x370).jpg

Last edited:
Moral of the story..... don’t tell the wife it’s not real. If she finds out it’s not real.... tell her how smart she is lol
That's a good one! Funny how it was good enough to take when she thought it was real and after being told it wasn't returned it. :roll: Was the ring any less beautiful because of it? Human nature can be funny.

Shame its not solid gold, sure is a nice looking ring. I know the vision thing..my glasses frosted from my breathing. Had to do a whole hunt with out glasses..:oldguy:

Back
Top Bottom