New Garrett Pro Pointer AT won't stop warbling.

k2gleaner

Elite Member
My new PP started to beep and warble and wouldn't stop. In fact, it wouldn't shut off until I unscrewed the cap. The battery checks out as in the good range in my simple tester. I don't have another 9v to replace it with at the moment.

Is that what happens when the batt gets low?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That never happened to me and I had mine since they were released near 3 years ago. Replace the battery as others had advise and still a problem contact them and they will fix or replace it under the warranty.

Assuming the switch is not stuck down in the 'on' position it sounds like the low battery warning is activated?

From the instructional manual below:

"Low Battery Alarm.

When the battery becomes low, the detector will sound an alternating
dual-tone alarm. Replace the 9V battery as soon as possible."

Ok. I'll be out of town for a few days. we'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine does that with a low battery

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I did replace the battery and it is normal again. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My new PP started to beep and warble and wouldn't stop. In fact, it wouldn't shut off until I unscrewed the cap. The battery checks out as in the good range in my simple tester. I don't have another 9v to replace it with at the moment.

Is that what happens when the batt gets low?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just sent my back to Garrettt.With a new battery. It was doing the same thing, not shutting of unless you unscrewed the cap. Also stuck in tone mode and would not cycle to the max setting. I bought it in 2015 so we will see what Garrett will charge to fix it. Good luck Mark

Last edited:
Thanks

I think Garrett charges $20.50 labor plus the cost of parts.

George, thanks. I have a second carrot thats stuck in vibrate mode and will only cycle the first two settings as well. I prefer to hunt in vibrate only so its not too big an issue. Don't want to be without one. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom