Finally a class ring

I got my own class ring in 1989 and it was some (stainless-appearance) alloy with an "-ium" ending. It was affordable.

Just saw a friend who coaches football for a high school. He had a ring brochure with him for football. Every ring was about $170 bucks and looked BIG.

I'd love to get one from NC State after having a couple of rounds of grad school but geez - $1550 for 14k gold? Yikes!

I'm sure that is why people are going the non precious metal route. Who would pay that kind of money for a class ring? When I graduated high school, I believe my 10k. ring cost 60 bucks.

Congrats on the finds. I have returned two class rings. It was a great feeling and worth a lot more to me than getting a few bucks for them. You'll see if you find the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBN One of the class rings I found last year in March had the young ladies name engraved in it It was badly encrusted from having been lost at the beach two years before. I did electrolysis on it and was shocked when I read the name engraved in it. I actually handed the ring to my wife with a loupe and told her to read me the name. I then told her that I remembered when that young lady was born. I had worked with her dad for 14 years. I returned the ring to him. Most of those junk rings come with a loss warranty for a couple or more years so she had gotten a new one under warranty and had not told Dad. Her Mother knew but they kept it secret from Dad. He said that he was going to have some fun. I am still amazed that I would find a ring that belonged to some one that I know. Tens of thousands of people visit that beach in a year. The lottery might have better odds.

Well, I just returned the ring and it was pretty uneventful. I was able to track down the owners brother off the internet. He just happened to be in town today so he stopped by the house, I handed him the ring, he said thanks and that was pretty much it.
He was really nice though and said he didn't know when she had lost it. He said he had told his mom about it and she didn't even know it had been loss. Must have been afraid to tell her mom.
It felt good to return it. Really don't care about the few dollars you might get for a ring, especially one that is not even gold. Probably couldn't give something like that away.

I have tried in the past to return rings by running free ads in local newspaper. No one even calls. Guess no one reads the paper any more.

Well, I just returned the ring and it was pretty uneventful. I was able to track down the owners brother off the internet. He just happened to be in town today so he stopped by the house, I handed him the ring, he said thanks and that was pretty much it.
He was really nice though and said he didn't know when she had lost it. He said he had told his mom about it and she didn't even know it had been loss. Must have been afraid to tell her mom.
It felt good to return it. Really don't care about the few dollars you might get for a ring, especially one that is not even gold. Probably couldn't give something like that away.

I have tried in the past to return rings by running free ads in local newspaper. No one even calls. Guess no one reads the paper any more.
Did you give them your info so she could send you a picture with the ring?

I wish there was a chance that someone could find my class ring. I lost it while working for an oilfield company. Actually I am pretty sure it was stolen. I had taken it off to wash my hands and forgot to put it back on. Five minutes later I went back and it was gone. One of my coworkers apparently went home with a prize. It was a real gold one from 1973 and heavy too. Not your average school ring.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom