Kellyco trip is a bust - Help me out

You call it what you like and I will call it a warehouse because it is a place where products are stored until ready for shipment. I guess fulfillment center sounds better to you.

Hey y’all, I have to go to Orlando next Monday (2/11) for work for the week and I’m driving down from Pensacola. I was planning on going to the Kellyco showroom on the way down but I found out today that the the showroom is closed indefinitely. I will be bringing my CTX3030 and I’d love to detect on the way down or in the evenings. Any suggestions, even a park where I can find some clad, I just don’t want to be arrested or mugged. I’m comfortable with the water too and I have amphibians so I’m up for anything. Thanks in advance and I will return the favor to anyone headed to my neck of the woods.

Will someone help Boondocks find somewhere to hunt?!!!

Yeah, that was the original intent of this thread!

Moved to "Find a Hunting Buddy".

With apologies to the OP,
That sounds like a warehouse to me, george. Take orders in one state, ship from a large framed building in another. Pretty sure that The Definition of a warehouse.

Wow 😯, I didn’t mean to open that can of worms. Can someone who is familiar with the Orlando area tell me this. #1 Is it legal to hunt city/local parks in Orlando in the evening (assuming I replace my holes nicely of course) and most importantly #2 Is it safe? I have a wife and 2 kids and I don’t want to get mugged over 65 cents in clad. With those 2 things in mind, is there anywhere I should or should not go. I like to swing a coil in the evenings on a work trip because it keeps me grounded. (😃 see what I did there, haha). Thanks y’all. Sorry for kicking the hornet’s nest.

Wow 😯, I didn’t mean to open that can of worms. Can someone who is familiar with the Orlando area tell me this. #1 Is it legal to hunt city/local parks in Orlando in the evening (assuming I replace my holes nicely of course) and most importantly #2 Is it safe? I have a wife and 2 kids and I don’t want to get mugged over 65 cents in clad. With those 2 things in mind, is there anywhere I should or should not go. I like to swing a coil in the evenings on a work trip because it keeps me grounded. (😃 see what I did there, haha). Thanks y’all. Sorry for kicking the hornet’s nest.

It is legal to hunt the local parks in Orlando, in Orange County which is where Orlando is located your suppose to have a county permit to hunt, but many do not and if someone were to ask you showing them your from out of town and were not aware is all you need to do.

Stay out of the parks in downtown Orlando and hunt the other parks, it is also only about 1 hr 20 mins to the local beaches.

George, it is being shipped from their fulfillment center in Knoxville, inventory is stored and shipped from there for multiple businesses the company that bought Kellyco owns. Here is link from google for Redstag Fulfillment Center

https://redstagfulfillment.com/.

KinTN, I am friends with everyone still working with Kellyco, have been for years, also friends with new management. Kellyco is also a supporting vendor here as well and I represent Kellyco on Friendly Forum.

I am not sure how you could explain that better....maybe if you typed it slower everyone would get it.:laughing:

This business model and location of the fulfillment center is just smart business. The sales people can answer a phone from anywhere and shipping from a more centrally located facility that services other product is just more efficient. The cost of shipping will be cheaper since you are not shipping from the farthest corner of the US. Look at Amazon...this is how they do it on a grand scale.

I am not sure how you could explain that better....maybe if you typed it slower everyone would get it.:laughing:

This business model and location of the fulfillment center is just smart business. The sales people can answer a phone from anywhere and shipping from a more centrally located facility that services other product is just more efficient. The cost of shipping will be cheaper since you are not shipping from the farthest corner of the US. Look at Amazon...this is how they do it on a grand scale.

Thank you sir, I typed as slow as I could..... LOL.

any idea why their showroom would be closed indefinitely?

Please type that slow for me too. I read slow.

Show room was closed because it only accounted for about 5% of their total sales. They may open one in the future, that hasn't been completely ruled out from what I have been told.

Since you've requested it, allow me to try too.

I t ' s a W a r e h o u s e. A m a z o n A l s o u s e s W a r e h o u s e s.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Wonder how many Long Range Locators they have in stock at the Warehouse.....

Maybe this will help,

Warehouse: A large building where products are stored and shipped from, very common until the end of the 20th century.

Fulfillment Center: A large building where products are stored and shipped from, many 20th century warehouses have been converted to 21st century fulfillment centers.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

<SNIP>

Probably as many as they think they should.

I don't believe LRLs work, but they are not illegal to sell or warehouse. If a person is intent on buying one, there is more than one purveyor willing to sell them one. There are places where you can also buy a rabbit's foot.

Caveat Emptor.

<SNIP>
And theres history of a certain individual altering and deleting posts he disagrees with on another board- especially if they are true and show him to be wrong. It nice to be able to post facts and opinions in a rational way and not be subject to that kind of treatment. Others here (names you know well) will tell you the same thing if you ask.

KinTN, don't bring drama from other forums into this one. You have a problem with a moderator in another forum, take it up with one of their Administrators, or forum owner. This is not the place to adjudicate any grievance you may have with another forum.

I was planning on stopping in there in March when I'm in Florida on vacation to probably pick up a sand scoop, guess I can't do that any more.
Are there any other places (closer to Madeira Beach would be best ) Anyone can recommend?

Since you've requested it, allow me to try too.

I t ' s a W a r e h o u s e. A m a z o n A l s o u s e s W a r e h o u s e s.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Here is the announcement for the new Amazon fulfillment center coming to Tulsa

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-announces-further-expansion-oklahoma-214500340.html

Just because you keep saying it, doesn't make it so.

Used to be that Kellyco would run a large ad in W&ET magazine but haven't seen any of their ads lately. Does that sound like they're still being aggressive toward building sales and keeping the company strong? Or are they content to advertise on the internet exclusively which probably drives the vast majority of their sales?

I was planning on stopping in there in March when I'm in Florida on vacation to probably pick up a sand scoop, guess I can't do that any more.
Are there any other places (closer to Madeira Beach would be best ) Anyone can recommend?

If your headed to Madeira Beach stop by and see us in Tampa. HH, Phil

Back
Top Bottom