Lower priced pinpointers

I’ve bought a few different cheapie pointers to use as loaners. Most are now in the junk drawer and good for nothing more than a paperweight. You get what you pay for more often than not.

I’ve tried several of the higher end pinpointers too but keep going back to the Carrot for whatever reason. Garrett got it right with that one. Well worth the money. You can find lightly used ones in the classified section for around $75-$80. I bought a lightly used one from a fellow member just last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got 2 whites, The old style bullseye 120

( it looks like someone made it in their garage :laughing: ) and the newer style bullseye, they

both still work. I will pickup a TRX

or Carrot, When I need another one, I would never purchase a cheapie.

I ended up with the Garret carrot. So far so good and a BIG step up in quality from the BH I was using. The biggest difference is the Garret will intensify the tone as you get closer to the target. The closer you get, the faster it beeps. No more "blind" searching a pile of dirt. This puts me on the target much faster.

I ended up with the Garret carrot. So far so good and a BIG step up in quality from the BH I was using. The biggest difference is the Garret will intensify the tone as you get closer to the target. The closer you get, the faster it beeps. No more "blind" searching a pile of dirt. This puts me on the target much faster.

You get what you pay for...especially when it comes to this niche accessory.

You made a wise choice, good luck in 2019!

Back
Top Bottom