got 100 in halves today

Keep searching, hopefully you'll find some soon. :D I went through $250 in halves last month and I was skunked as well. :(

I seldom am able to find more than a few dollars of loose halves at a time and they have generally been checked over carefully before being turned in IMO. Boxes and bags have produced my only fruitful results.
happy hunting !

Do you mean you searched 5 rolls or you searched $100 worth of halves? Neither is a fair test of what may be available where you are...Hunt 10 boxes and tell us your results!

I got 100 dollars worth. I didn't really expect much, but was hoping for at least one good one :)

I was with the wife, and she only let me get 100 dollars worth...after I cash them back in, I'll go back for more and use my "slush fund" to finance more than just 200 coins

I seldom am able to find more than a few dollars of loose halves at a time and they have generally been checked over carefully before being turned in IMO. Boxes and bags have produced my only fruitful results.
happy hunting !

These were all rolled...one had the "old style" paper, so I was hopeful for that to have something, as it appeared to be hand rolled.

When you return them to the bank, do you re-roll them, or just leave them loose?

I got 100 dollars worth. I didn't really expect much, but was hoping for at least one good one :)

I was with the wife, and she only let me get 100 dollars worth...after I cash them back in, I'll go back for more and use my "slush fund" to finance more than just 200 coins

These were all rolled...one had the "old style" paper, so I was hopeful for that to have something, as it appeared to be hand rolled.

I would be excited by the old rolls too! At least a chance there.

When you return them to the bank, do you re-roll them, or just leave them loose?
My bank had a coin machine so I take them loose and dump them in. Much easier that way.

My bank had a coin machine so I take them loose and dump them in. Much easier that way.

I wish mine did...I use BMO Harris, and they're trying to discourage people from bringing in change last time I checked (that's why I use Coinstar for my clad finds...taking the Amazon gift card option so I don't pay a fee)

I wish mine did...I use BMO Harris, and they're trying to discourage people from bringing in change last time I checked (that's why I use Coinstar for my clad finds...taking the Amazon gift card option so I don't pay a fee)

At least with the Amazon option you aren’t getting dinged. Keep your eyes open for silvers left behind by others in the coin return as coin stars reject them. I haven’t personally found any but know many others have.

At least with the Amazon option you aren’t getting dinged. Keep your eyes open for silvers left behind by others in the coin return as coin stars reject them. I haven’t personally found any but know many others have.

Oh, I check the Coinstar every time I'm in the store...haven't found any silver yet...but have found some clad

LOL If KT did not have the use of the Queen's money, His Majesty could never buy boxes either! Perhaps if you explain that you will always get your money back, either as silver or by turning it in, your wife will loosen her coin purse a bit! :laughing::laughing: After all, money is money!

LOL If KT did not have the use of the Queen's money, His Majesty could never buy boxes either! Perhaps if you explain that you will always get your money back, either as silver or by turning it in, your wife will loosen her coin purse a bit! :laughing::laughing: After all, money is money!

Well, I happened to have a C note on me at the time...so she allowed it...

how much is in a "box" of halves?

I used to get 5-10 box skunk streaks (String&Son wrappers) before I switched to dimes back around 2011-2012. One thing I really like about dimes is the variety and the consistency of silver in the form of Barbers, mercs, Canadian and of course rosies. I averaged one silver per $150 in dimes searched, and I was hunting between $3-$5k per month.

Boy did I love getting the double-decker Brinks boxes though, they always came with at least a dozen or more silver halves.

Back
Top Bottom