Black Friday South Beach Hunt Nets the Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Took Merlin out today for a 4+hour spin on South Beach. I didn’t hunt last weekend since I was on a camping and kayaking weekend so today was my planned day for a hunt. When I got to the beach the surf was rougher than I expected, and it looked nothing like what I saw on the beach cam 2 hours before at 7am. No matter it was still workable for me. Unlike 2-3 weeks ago all the erosion and nice scallops were gone. I think I went 2 hours before finding my first coins and they were all pennies (5 of them :roll:), when I briefly tested out a section of wet sand. I kept it close to shore working North. At about the halfway point came the silver and opal ring. Very nice I thought. Targets were minimal. As I was heading back at the 3-hour mark, I was working sandier areas about 10 -15 yards offshore when I get a soft tone in all-metal. I bring up the scoop and move some of the shells around and see :dingding:. After a brief inspection I put it away and was very satisfied. I really thought given the dearth of targets that the gold was going to elude me today. After about 4 hours I was tired and packed it in. At home, I inspect the ring and see “10K CAL”. I test the diamonds and the stones don’t go up all the way into the diamond range but they do go up 1-2 bars so it may be another type of stone. Perhaps white sapphire? Too bad those Ray-Bans are showing a bit of corrosion on the plating. No more hunting this weekend as I have some home projects to work on. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :turkey:

Attachments

• 11-27-20.jpg
    11-27-20.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 692
  • 11-27-20 Rings.jpg
    11-27-20 Rings.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 704
  • 11-27-20 Fits.jpg
    11-27-20 Fits.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 678
  • 11-27-20 Eyeball.jpg
    11-27-20 Eyeball.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 663
Fun tiring hunt. But it looks like you got your goose on !

Took Merlin out today for a 4+hour spin on South Beach. I didn’t hunt last weekend since I was on a camping and kayaking weekend so today was my planned day for a hunt. When I got to the beach the surf was rougher than I expected, and it looked nothing like what I saw on the beach cam 2 hours before at 7am. No matter it was still workable for me. Unlike 2-3 weeks ago all the erosion and nice scallops were gone. I think I went 2 hours before finding my first coins and they were all pennies (5 of them :roll:), when I briefly tested out a section of wet sand. I kept it close to shore working North. At about the halfway point came the silver and opal ring. Very nice I thought. Targets were minimal. As I was heading back at the 3-hour mark, I was working sandier areas about 10 -15 yards offshore when I get a soft tone in all-metal. I bring up the scoop and move some of the shells around and see :dingding:. After a brief inspection I put it away and was very satisfied. I really thought given the dearth of targets that the gold was going to elude me today. After about 4 hours I was tired and packed it in. At home, I inspect the ring and see “10K CAL”. I test the diamonds and the stones don’t go up all the way into the diamond range but they do go up 1-2 bars so it may be another type of stone. Perhaps white sapphire? Too bad those Ray-Bans are showing a bit of corrosion on the plating. No more hunting this weekend as I have some home projects to work on. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :turkey:

Nice Felix.. its probably a walmart ring :lol:

I'll take Walmart gold all day long Craig! You should be happy I only posted 9 pennies. :p

Felix.. only thing I saw was the gold.. I have trained my eyes to see only gold :laughing:

Take the ring back to walmart and you will probably get more than melt for it :D

Congrats on the rings at least your getting out there . Haven’t you noticed that the new rings these days have diamonds all the way around band kind of over the top.

Congrats on the rings at least your getting out there . Haven’t you noticed that the new rings these days have diamonds all the way around band kind of over the top.
Modern style is about excess. How many athletes take perfectly good simple Rolexes and such and put diamonds all over it? :bling:

Back
Top Bottom