KT got one keeper this week!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Unfortunately it is NOT a silver, but a clad proof. Picture follows. It was in Box 1, so even tho KT's silver total did not change, a proof, even clad, is nice to get. It is also the same year that Prince John was born! :laughing::laughing:

Picture was taken with KT's Chinese USB led microscope at ~10 magnification.

Attachments

• CRH 03 24 2022 1 Clad Proof Ken.jpg
    CRH 03 24 2022 1 Clad Proof Ken.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 170
Unfortunately it is NOT a silver, but a clad proof. Picture follows. It was in Box 1, so even tho KT's silver total did not change, a proof, even clad, is nice to get. It is also the same year that Prince John was born! :laughing::laughing:

Neat score and good pic KT !

I have an inexpensive USB microscope, amazing how well they take close up pics !

Neat score and good pic KT !

I have an inexpensive USB microscope, amazing how well they take close up pics !

Thanks, GKL!

KT has had his USB microscope for several years now and really enjoys using it for both looking at coins and photographing tiny mineral crystals!

Below is an example! The mineral is boulangerite and sometimes forms these rings....this pic at 60X! :D

Attachments

• Bolangerite ring Roger's mine Madoc, Ont., Can 60X.jpg
    Bolangerite ring Roger's mine Madoc, Ont., Can 60X.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 122
Thanks, GKL!

KT has had his USB microscope for several years now and really enjoys using it for both looking at coins and photographing tiny mineral crystals!

Below is an example! The mineral is boulangerite and sometimes forms these rings....this pic at 60X! :D

Wow, some minerals actually form round rings ? :?:

I guess there might be a technical reason why they do that.

That's the benefit of having a retired geologist on the forum, we can learn some neat info about rocks and minerals ! (any tests though please make them with multiple choice answers :lol:)

I had gotten my USB microscope initially for use with coins, but it is fun to also look at close ups of other stuff too like rock/mineral samples, maybe even some plants, or even fine print too small for reading glasses :lol:

Did KT find a coin roll delivery service ?

Hey KT, did you actually find a coin roll delivery service ?

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3379166#post3379166

Check the above link, sure looks like it ! :laughing:

(just joking ! :lol:)

How many clad proofs to you find? Are these coins from someone's collection that escaped? I do like those pics w/ the microscope, need to get me one of those some day!

How many clad proofs to you find? Are these coins from someone's collection that escaped? I do like those pics w/ the microscope, need to get me one of those some day!

Here is the USB microscope I got back in 2017, it is only $3 more than what I paid for it back then -

Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand (250x)
Official Plugable listing - includes 2 year warranty!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265465344985

(and mine is still working good !)

Hope that helps !

KT's USB led microscope has a stand, not a flexible arm. It comes with a software package, self installing and is simple to operate. I am certain it is the same unit that GKL has, but a different stand! With the separate stand, KT's cost around $40.

To answer your question, KT finds a fair number. Remember non-collectors know nothing about value so when they go to dump coins at the bank, they rip them out of the nice holder and run them in with all the other coinage old grampa saved! KT has found silver proofs also!:laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom