Aug 15th Park Finds

Chroma

Elite Member
I have been detecting nothing but farms for the past month. Little change of pace today, went to a neighborhood park established around WWII that I'd never been to before. Started at around 8:30am, nice and cool outside, and I didn't find a whole lot for the first two hours. Eventually I moved to a different section of the park and starting finding some good targets along the old square curb. First it was a couple deeper 60s and 70s pennies, and then a 1944 wheat cent. Not far from the wheat cent I got a shallow signal at the base of a tree and pulled out a 1956 dime.

Now that I have found my one silver coin of the month I can go back to detecting farms :lol:

PXL_20220815_220032838_2.jpg

Fresh out of the ground

1956o.jpg

1956r.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the silver, wheat and clad. Park silver is tuff to find just about anywhere these days' Good luck. Mark

Finding silver is fun anywhere.
I'll take a wheat and a silver any day!
Nice finds, silvers silver,it all counts..congrats on all

Yep, just a 66 year old dime, but it made the trip worth it for me.

Nice find, Chroma! Park silver is a tuff pull around here.
Congrats on the silver, wheat and clad. Park silver is tuff to find just about anywhere these days' Good luck. Mark

Yes, agreed, this is the third ever silver coin I have found in a park. This particular park is a "pocket park", located in a circle of postwar houses. So it was the park across the street for many people since the 1940s and was very well used. Yet it took me three hours to find a silver dime. The overall lack of signals around the park gave me the impression that it has been detected a lot in the past.

It's definitely a challenge finding silver coins in parks, even in areas where you know there *should* be silver, so when you find one it's pretty great.

Back
Top Bottom