New Portable Dive System - Aquarobo Nemo

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I came across this recently. It's the best value out there but there's only 1 review on Amazon and methinks it's planted. Less than $500 and nearly 3 hours of airtime - very reasonable. Seems to be good quality. I would pull the trigger if it had more reviews that I could trust. Lot's of uses for me down here - treasure hunting, lobsters, etc. What do you guys think?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7LQB8...colid=2WZS2CZTB1NC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Attachments

• aqua1.jpg
    aqua1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,740
  • aqua2.jpg
    aqua2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,751
That requires the lithium battery and the rest of the setup to float it. I just bought a 50 amp LiPo battery from them and it was close to $300. The Aquarobo is a completely encased PnP system. Not a better deal.
I posted that as a joke. I wouldn't trust my life to it. I'm like you on the one you posted. I would like to see a bunch more reviews.

Cliff

Couldn't I just use a long straw like Gilligan when he was hiding in the lagoon ?

I posted that as a joke. I wouldn't trust my life to it. I'm like you on the one you posted. I would like to see a bunch more reviews.
Cliff
X2
I missed the joking part and noticed afterwards. :lol: The specs are excellent for the money. The power switch seems to be similar to the ones on CZ-21's.

I was looking into hookah, it seems it must be used on a calm day with little surf in most instances. Kind of defeats the purpose for me.

It's interesting, but I wouldn't be a buyer. Maybe out of the box it would be ok. But the "stretchable" air line is a major red flag to me and I see it cracking and having issues fast.

- 20 years of diving, 7 years as a Police recovery diver.

I'm not sure if it would be worth the risk. I know sometimes I'm close to 800 foot off shore ..Many times I've had jetskis and small boats come very close. Once you get out so far your in there area...and most are not looking for or just horsing around and may make mince meat of your body. We sure would miss those Felix pennies.....:tissue:

I bought a Nemo and tried it. Works but feels like I have to suck on a hose to get air. I use it around docks when I just have to jump in to get a phone or glasses. Pricey but works

I bought a Nemo and tried it. Works but feels like I have to suck on a hose to get air. I use it around docks when I just have to jump in to get a phone or glasses. Pricey but works
I'm pretty sure the one you have is not the same "Nemo". The one you have is probably this below that's been around a bit and costs almost 2X as much. That one I have seen on a couple of YTers and seems to be made well. There's nothing out there on the "Aquarobo Nemo" one that I posted.

Attachments

• nemo 1.jpg
    nemo 1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,591
I came across this recently. It's the best value out there but there's only 1 review on Amazon and methinks it's planted. Less than $500 and nearly 3 hours of airtime - very reasonable. Seems to be good quality. I would pull the trigger if it had more reviews that I could trust. Lot's of uses for me down here - treasure hunting, lobsters, etc. What do you guys think?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7LQB8...colid=2WZS2CZTB1NC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm going to say it'll be !!!!!!!! and no where near as effective as claimed. The key problem is going to be air pressure, it won't produce enough of it.
There simply isn't enough power in a little 40ah battery to compress enough air to an extra 1atm, let along do it for 2.7 hours as claimed.

For comparison my larger more powerful hooka pulls a start up peak of 75amps, uses about 20amp in operation, has an accumulator tank at the top to help manage demand, and it's still only effective to about 6 metres. It has a claimed depth of 12m, but you start to have to suck hard to get air.

I don't like th design of having no accumulator tank, if the battery goes and you're at 10m you could well black out before you make it to the surface. With the floating tank on mine I hear the compressor stop and I can take a lesurely time heading to the surface.

I'm going to say it'll be !!!!!!!! and no where near as effective as claimed. The key problem is going to be air pressure, it won't produce enough of it.
There simply isn't enough power in a little 40ah battery to compress enough air to an extra 1atm, let along do it for 2.7 hours as claimed.

For comparison my larger more powerful hooka pulls a start up peak of 75amps, uses about 20amp in operation, has an accumulator tank at the top to help manage demand, and it's still only effective to about 6 metres. It has a claimed depth of 12m, but you start to have to suck hard to get air.

I don't like th design of having no accumulator tank, if the battery goes and you're at 10m you could well black out before you make it to the surface. With the floating tank on mine I hear the compressor stop and I can take a lesurely time heading to the surface.

OK, that's the kind of tech talk that makes sense - sort of the same "sucking air" that ScubaDetective mentions. I would never do 10 meters. Let's say for the sake of usefulness that about 4-5 meters would be my maximum target depth. I am really looking for something that just covers about 8-10' snorkeling range without having to go up and down all the time. Thoughts?

OK, that's the kind of tech talk that makes sense - sort of the same "sucking air" that ScubaDetective mentions. I would never do 10 meters. Let's say for the sake of usefulness that about 4-5 meters would be my maximum target depth. I am really looking for something that just covers about 8-10' snorkeling range without having to go up and down all the time. Thoughts?

The youtuber nemo you posted is sold as having a 3m capacity and it's got a bigger battery and more powerful compressor, so the other one won't get 4m

Have you tried rigging an 8 to 10' capable snorkel setup that you could tow around? PVC pipe, vacuum cleaner hose, lobster trap buoy, some sort of vest to rig a back mount, ring clamps, maybe a "Y" of some sort and a snorkel you don't mind butchering. Pretty cheap materials! It would be fun to play with in safe waters until you come up with a manageable configuration. That isn't that much depth. You'll need to pack a fair amount of lead to stay neutral, particularly if you wear a wetsuit. I'm kinda skinny so I chill out after a couple hours in the water, even in tropical waters in the winter. I also hate having stuff encumbering me when I'm packing a Hawaiian sling or pole spear. If I'm fishing, I want it out of the water ASAP. Combine it with an innertube suspended fish tub? The mind races! It will look funny!

Have you tried rigging an 8 to 10' capable snorkel setup that you could tow around? PVC pipe, vacuum cleaner hose, lobster trap buoy, some sort of vest to rig a back mount, ring clamps, maybe a "Y" of some sort and a snorkel you don't mind butchering. Pretty cheap materials! It would be fun to play with in safe waters until you come up with a manageable configuration. That isn't that much depth. You'll need to pack a fair amount of lead to stay neutral, particularly if you wear a wetsuit. I'm kinda skinny so I chill out after a couple hours in the water, even in tropical waters in the winter. I also hate having stuff encumbering me when I'm packing a Hawaiian sling or pole spear. If I'm fishing, I want it out of the water ASAP. Combine it with an innertube suspended fish tub? The mind races! It will look funny!
What are you going to use to build pressure in the hose? It is virtually impossible to suck air more than a few inches under water without pressure.

Cliff

Open tubing to the surface. Essentially a 10' snorkel. It is worth trying. I don't think you would get that much line friction on the draw of a breath at 10' of depth with 1+" diameter tubing. You can test it in shallow water easily enough.
It's not line friction that is the problem. The pressure on your diaphragm increases with depth and pushes it upward. It must overcome that pressure before it can intake air. The diaphragm is not designed to have strength in that direction. That's why a scuba regulator supplies air at ambient pressure at depth. It's all about physics. You learn that early on in scuba training.

Another physics lesson is related to over pressure in your lungs. The first rule of scuba is breathe continuously since you are breathing air at the same pressure as the depth. If you hold your breath and surface you can rupture your lungs in less than 3' of depth.

It's all about a balance in pressures and how those pressures affect your body.

Cliff

It's not line friction that is the problem. The pressure on your diaphragm increases with depth and pushes it upward. It must overcome that pressure before it can intake air. The diaphragm is not designed to have strength in that direction. That's why a scuba regulator supplies air at ambient pressure at depth. It's all about physics. You learn that early on in scuba training.

Another physics lesson is related to over pressure in your lungs. The first rule of scuba is breathe continuously since you are breathing air at the same pressure as the depth. If you hold your breath and surface you can rupture your lungs in less than 3' of depth.

It's all about a balance in pressures and how those pressures affect your body.

Cliff

Great response , Cliff. I've done a fair amount of snorkeling but haven't done any SCUBA and am definitely not certified (just certifiable :crazy:). It is very interesting physics and bioengineering when you get into it. It sure isn't intuitive (at least for me). The increased pressure of just a few feet of water is sufficient to defeat the diaphragm (muscles) that draws air and expands your lungs. It prevents drawing air, irrespective of the tube diameter. I stand corrected. Thanx for the information.

Last edited:
Great response , Cliff. I've done a fair amount of snorkeling but haven't done any SCUBA and am definitely not certified (just certifiable :crazy:). It is very interesting physics and bioengineering when you get into it. It sure isn't intuitive (at least for me). The increased pressure of just a few feet of water is sufficient to defeat the diaphragm that expands your lungs to draw air. It prevents drawing air, irrespective of the tube diameter. I stand corrected. Thanx for the information.
I was certified in 1975 and was an instructor in late 90's. Scuba is a great activity. It is very easy to get hurt doing it but also very easy not too. Good instruction is the key. That's why any reputable shop requires a certification card to buy air or some other equipment. If you are physically able, give it a try.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom