Collateral Finds

Compass

Forum Supporter
In my last thread I posted about finding half of a Cartier bracelet. I searched and searched on multiple hunts for the matching half but couldn't find it. However, in my efforts to find the rest of the bracelet I did stumble upon a few other good finds.
picture.php

The top/middle ring really had me thinking that I had hit the jackpot. It looked so beautiful and had markings on the inside of it. About an hour after I found it I took a closer look and saw the "ALE" stamp which I learned means it was a Pandora- still a hundred dollar ring but not the incredible find I thought it was.
The 2 silver colored bands on the other hand were the real deal. Both are 14K white gold although in the darkness I couldn't tell if they might be fresh-dropped silver.
picture.php

Even though the "Apple" cell was found under water it must have been a recent drop as it is the cleanest one I have ever found. It doesn't power up so I'm not sure what to do with it- maybe try and charge it?
The Barber dime was actually found, I think, on the same day I found the half-bracelet. I didn't know until a few days later when I was going through my coins and found what looked like an encrusted silver dime. After breaking it open I was surprised to see the characteristic "one dime" stamp on the coin's reverse but the front of the dime is completely unrecognizable.
I still hope to find the rest of that Cartier bracelet someday but even if I don't, it's encouraging to know that there are other amazing finds out there that I might find while looking for it. GL&HH!

Lots of goodies you got. Always love the gold. Pandora is tough. Everybody thinks they can get good $ for it. Compared to a copper ring , yes. I have some up for sale at a fraction of retail. 6 months....still waiting...

:dingding: Nice on those golds and designer silver! I just sold the iPhone XR that I found last week that was in excellent cosmetic shape but wouldn't charge or power up on Ebay for $100 to a Canadian buyer. :gettinmoney:

Wow, great finds. I'd be happy if I found those kinds of rings my entire time detecting.
Thanks North Shore, This has been my best year of detecting ever so I might be a little spoiled. But, I have had years with very few good finds as well.
Sweet work there!! Those two white golds and the barber dime :wow:
Thanks GS, I love the gold rings but it's hard for me to get too excited about the Barber dime. I mean, it's a fun find but man is it toasted and paper thin. :wow:

Lots of goodies you got. Always love the gold. Pandora is tough. Everybody thinks they can get good $ for it. Compared to a copper ring , yes. I have some up for sale at a fraction of retail. 6 months....still waiting...
Thanks KOB, I hear you. Maybe it's the marketing hype but I used to think that Pandora was high end jewelry before I started finding some. Still better than a poke in the eye though. ;)

:dingding: Nice on those golds and designer silver! I just sold the iPhone XR that I found last week that was in excellent cosmetic shape but wouldn't charge or power up on Ebay for $100 to a Canadian buyer. :gettinmoney:
Thanks Felix, I don't think that the Pandora is even silver which surprises me.
(see poke-in-eye comment above) Good info on the phones. Hoping mine is worth something or can return if working. :yes:

Nice finds George... someone else could have found the other part of that bracelet already... maybe they are looking for the section you have :D

Nice finds George... someone else could have found the other part of that bracelet already... maybe they are looking for the section you have :D
Thanks Craig, I thought so too and almost expected to see some other hunter on that spot but in several subsequent hunts I only saw 2 other hunters some distance away and they didn't stay long. So I'm still hopeful that with the winter storms and sand movement it may still show up but other jewelry would also be welcome! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom