Eddie VanHalen RIP

He inspired me to get an electric guitar in high school and that was in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was a legend... An icon...one of the rock gods, as we called them sometimes...his music will remain inspirational...and in such spirit he will remain among the living indefinitely....

He literally changed how guitars are played around the world forever...

Monster of rock...

Considered the best guitarist ever by some, certainly one of the best ever...

RIP

Nuts. No exaggeration to say my favorite band, and favorite guitarist. 2020 keeps getting better and better.

"Somebody said "Fair warning"
Lord, strike that poor boy down!"

The first band I saw was Van Halen. They were opening for Journey and Eddie Montrose in the Spring of 1978 on their first tour. Put on a great show, Journey and Montrose were anticlimactic by the time they got the stage after Van Halen rocked!

RIP Eddie van Halen

The first band I saw was Van Halen. They were opening for Journey and Eddie Montrose in the Spring of 1978 on their first tour. Put on a great show, Journey and Montrose were anticlimactic by the time they got the stage after Van Halen rocked!

RIP Eddie van Halen

Wow. I think they formed the band in 78. What a moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Eddie van Halen
You mean Ronnie? Big influence on Edward and of course Hagar was a frontman.

You mean Ronnie? Big influence on Edward and of course Hagar was a frontman.

I enjoy the Roth and Hagar years. I actually prefer Hagar's vocals.

I can listen to Eddie's Eruption all day. No vocals
Needed..

Didn't realize Hagar was frontman for Montrose. Cool.

Been taking guitar lessons for a few years, he made it look so easy.
Back in the mid-1980’s when I was learning, I thought I had Eddie’s fretboard ‘tapping’ technique down pat. That all ended when I tried to impress a girl with my guitar “showmanship”, and she laughed! :lol: Seriously! :cool3:

That is funny

I first started a few years back and only learned the song and had bad technique. Now I go to a guy who was formally trained and is quite good. Back to square one and I’m learning more but at a slow pace. I won’t play for anyone but my wife...and she still laughs occasionally 😄
She followed me on the beach last weekend and was a great sand scooper as my arm is in a sling. She kept watching the tide chart and had me out every day!
I guess I’ll let her laugh at the guitar

Back
Top Bottom