• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Racetrack pattern

Semtav

Elite Member
Stopped by the racetrack a couple times when I had an hour to spare. Seems to be a pattern developing. 2 dimes three pennies each time. 43 Mercury, 2 46 and a 54 Rosie, 5 wheats and my first newer penny inside the track. A 70. Still makes me wonder why no bigger coins except 1 quarter.
340fb27bfa05c472f863eb77fb8c4112.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I was just gunna say, there's gotta be bigger stuff out there too. Clearly there was a lot of activity in the hay day of silver coins. Two silvers for every three wheats is a great ratio! I get about one silver for every 4.6 wheats lol. Keep us posted! Happy hunting!

Clearly there was a lot of activity in the hay day of silver coins.

Evidently. From what I've been told, the racetrack was used for chariot races, but more importantly, the whole area was probably used for parking and camping during the rodeos, when travel wasn't as convenient. Lots of beer drinking going on judging by the number of bottle caps and pull tabs.

Since this is getting so redundant I decided not to start any new threads on the racetrack. I 'll just keep posting pics on this one so I can keep track of how many I find. Went out last night and started gridding an area the other way. Only found 1 wheat penny in 4 swaths (a 47 model) so I was thinking I had done a pretty good job the first time.. !!! :laughing: Went back out tonight and picked up 2 dimes on my first pass and 2 more on the next 4 passes.a 41, 43, 44, and 48
f1ad229f9496263e0f48b6622df763d2.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Wow Brian, your killin it with your machine. Must be some virgin ground there!

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom