Found Gold Ring - First Return

upena

Forum Supporter
I was just about finished hunting for the day and was detecting in the dry sand as I made my way back to my guesthouse room.

One of the beach vendors, a guy that rents inner tubes, called me over and said his wife lost a gold ring a couple days ago.

With a wave of his arm, he pointed in the general direction where he thought it might be. I found some trash and 10-baht coin and then his wife joined us.

She told me the same thing - lost two days ago and somewhere in the area where I was looking.

About 5 minutes later, I found it. First return since I started detecting about 8 years ago.

The lady had a huge smile and thanked me and her husband asked her how much to tip me. I told him I didn't want a tip. Her smile was enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 663
Nice work there Buddy! Finding a ring for somebody not super rich who appreciates your skill and effort! Thats like 4xkarma points on the return there!

Awesome. One of our clubs here in Tennessee found a guys wedding ring and he donated several tools for our Christmas auction. What goes around comes around!

I've done about 3 ring returns over the course of 9 years and sometimes that individual's happiness outweighs the worth of almost any ring. Plus we all look that much better now.

way to go !! these are my favorite finds. this has happened to me several times when im out during the day on the beach and my success rate is pretty good finding their lost item... this is more fun for me than finding a score for me !!

and yes... this smile is the biggest reward you can ever want in this hobby

Cool story. Oddly enough I was swimming in the same area 8 or 9 years ago.. I had change in my pocket. Finished swimming with nothing but sand in my pockets. Next day started my hunt for a detector

Back
Top Bottom