Equinox 800 sniffs out another golden ticket with ice!

Jason in Enid

Elite Member
Ice, ice baby - too cold! :lol:

Summer isnt over, and the temps have heated back up so I once again abandoned the dirt in favor of the beach. I found this fairly early in hunt and hoped for more but this was the only goody today. It's marked 14K! I hope the ice is real. I'm going to have them tested tomorrow.

19 sept ring.jpg

My arm is sore after digging all this in my search for more yellow (or even white works for me :yes: )

19 sep trash.jpg

Unfortunately, you cant avoid tabs in a lake like you can in the ocean. If you want lake gold you are going to dig a LOT of trash. I spent about 15 minutes digging trash in one spot. Every scoop would get 1 or 2 or 3 tabs in the scoop, and the re-scanning the hole showed more was deeper down. I think I dug almost a dozen tabs from this one hole, just going deeper and deeper. I was hoping there would be some silver or gold hiding at the bottom, but sadly, no.

But I'm not complaining. All the trash means nobody else is hunting in the water in MY lake. :D Oh, the ring read exactly like a pulltab!

Nice Ice! Your trash pile looks like some of my trash piles...especially after finding gold:lol:

Outstanding! We sure love to be finding the old style beavertail tabs in an inland fresh water Lake! A guy knows the place hasnt ever seen a coil, or not a good one...That place has got to be holding more for you!

Outstanding! We sure love to be finding the old style beavertail tabs in an inland fresh water Lake! A guy knows the place hasnt ever seen a coil, or not a good one...That place has got to be holding more for you!

God, I swear this lake is a tab breeding ground! I know its true because I have dug up entire tab families in a single scoop! :lol:

But seriously, I have dug thousands and thousands of tabs over the years. I would not be surprised if I have dug 10,000 of them in 17 years of hunting this lake, and I'm still pulling lots of old style tabs.

The only problem with this place is that the sand very, very deep (geologic records state between 10 and 100 feet depth of sand over bedrock). I have no idea how deep before the sand becomes compacted enough to stop migration.

I have talked to so many people who talk about losing class rings here, but I've only ever found 1 and it was from a kid who hadnt even graduated yet. The shear amount of trash tells me there cant have been much hunting pressure over time, so wheres the pile of gold that should be there? I'm really hoping its not many feet deep!

Nice ice Jason! I hope they are real! Excellent find either way...

Honk Honk!!!!! Great ring.

BCD

Awesome ring! Congratulations on that beauty.

Awesome find. I will bet that those stones are real diamonds

Great looking ring, congrats. Hope you find more goodies.

Nice Ice! Your trash pile looks like some of my trash piles...especially after finding gold:lol:

Looks like my freshwater hunts minus the yellow and ice :laughing: fantastic find!

Thanks for the comments everyone! There have been plenty of times I've dug those piles of trash with no bling for a payoff. Eventually you get it if you keep up the hunt.

Just had the stones tested and theyre all real! Roughly .75 carat total weight. $1000+ ring! This is the second ring I've found which more than paid for the detector and the 8th gold item found this year.

Nice Bling, I keep telling the wife one good find like that and the dang detector is paid for. She gave me a lot of grief for dropping close to 1k on my detector.

That’s a beautiful ring, major congrats!!

Between 10-100 feet deep of sand? That’s insane, you’d think there would be mud underneath.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Nice find.
Thanks for sharing.
Hottest Sep so far I have ever seen here.

Hope the ice is real ice, not the fake CNN stuff.

Back
Top Bottom