Indian Tool

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Congrats on a great find. I think you have a hoe but not positive. I have found some here in Pennsylvania. Yours is a bit different material than I find here. That's a sure keeper.

Wow, what a great find!
A long time ago, DIY was a way of life because it was necessary. People became DIY masters and inventors, but with limited materials and means. No electricity. No machines. No known metals or glass to work with. Just what they could get from plants, animals, dirt, sand, and rocks. They had wind, water, sun, and eventually, fire to use. Many people did just fine this way. They flourished. We now call it "the stone age". They would've laughed at that. :laughing:

Congrats on a great find. I think you have a hoe but not positive. I have found some here in Pennsylvania. Yours is a bit different material than I find here. That's a sure keeper.

*SPITS DRINK ALL OVER KEYBOARD*

Oh... that's what you meant... *laughs* :laughing::laughing:

Donneybrook, It is definitely a nice Indian artifact, but I suggest you spend some time searching around on the internet. Every hoe or spade, native made, that I have seen, if used, had the leading edge of it worn and polished smooth due to the abrasive action of grubbing in soil. I think it might be either an ax/tomahawk head or a tool for defleshing hides or for use as a hand ax for shaping or scrapping wood, like debarking trees.

But whatever it is, it is a dandy! Royal Congrats on the recognition!

Wow, what a great find!
A long time ago, DIY was a way of life because it was necessary. People became DIY masters and inventors, but with limited materials and means. No electricity. No machines. No known metals or glass to work with. Just what they could get from plants, animals, dirt, sand, and rocks. They had wind, water, sun, and eventually, fire to use. Many people did just fine this way. They flourished. We now call it "the stone age". They would've laughed at that. :laughing:

Don't get quite why they would have laughed at that. The phrase "the stone age" refers to the use of stone to fashion tools etc. As does the "bronze age", "the copper age", "and iron age". While I agree they flourished, and were very inventive, they did, never the less, fashion many of their tools and implements from stone. Hence, the phrase "stone age".
I would propose that at that time, they were quite proud of their ability and advances in fashioning "stone".

That's a monster...I'm a collector but not an expert...that could be paleo...super find...hard to say it's exact purpose...when mankind had a smaller variety of tools they served a greater variety of uses...

I think that may have been an axe... the intention in the middle of it may have been where it was attached to the handle... great find!!!

Back
Top Bottom