Possible damage question

MidTN

The other night I did not turn my F5 off and did not realize it until the next day (headphones were attached). I placed it next to the frig in the garage. I'm sure it was in overload mode most of the time. Can this damage the detector?

The other night I did not turn my F5 off and did not realize it until the next day (headphones were attached). I placed it next to the frig in the garage. I'm sure it was in overload mode most of the time. Can this damage the detector?

not that i know of. I left a detector in my truck bed on overnight once. Was just fine

I had that happen once. It functioned seemingly ok but I had to ponder it some of the discrimination edge might have been lost. That thing in lockdown inside my car trunk overnight couldn't have been good.

The F5 doesn't stay in continuous overload like other detectors. The overload feature resets after a couple of seconds. You can set it in your bathtub and it would overload, then reset and not go back into overload again until you moved it.

So no harm done, except for some battery drain.

Good luck,
Mike

"The F5 doesn't stay in continuous overload like other detectors. The overload feature resets after a couple of seconds. You can set it in your bathtub and it would overload, then reset and not go back into overload again until you moved it."

So no harm done, except for some battery drain.

Good luck,
Mike

Thanks Mike. Learn something new everyday.

The F5 has a useful feature set, and the the overload reset feature comes in handy sometimes around big iron. You can go right up to it, overload, reset, then pull away and get some pretty tightly co-located targets if the big iron doesn't completely cover them.

HH
Mike

Back
Top Bottom