The Metal Detecting FLC is a go..

HawgBonz

I've been using these things a while now for other gear laden activities. Dunno why this one should be any different.
Prolly wouldn't wear it to a park setting or some such. But for the hunt club it's perfect! :cool3:

Attachments

• 20210502_171353.jpg
    20210502_171353.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 20210502_171607.jpg
    20210502_171607.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 468
Wowwy, you sure aren't the person with a butterknife in one hand and detector in the other, like the person I saw today at my park. If I dress up like that the kid would be running off to another park!

DUN DUN DUN DUN HERE YE, HERE YE, here comes the metal detecting solidger! :lol:

Josh

What is the case holding your spray bottle? A mag holder? I could use something like that on my 2” duty belt.

What is the case holding your spray bottle? A mag holder? I could use something like that on my 2” duty belt.
I think it's a Blackhawk double mag pouch but I'm not really sure. Picked it up over at Delk's in one of the odds-n-ends bins. I love the modularity of molle/pals. For carrying odd shaped stuff it's hard ta beat the High Speed Gear Taco type pouches for pistol and rifle mags. The shock cord helps to keep the contents secure no matter the shape.

Metal detecto- Old surplus gear is generally cheap and tough. Great for haulin lotsa stuff with ya. But ya do end up lookin a lil like the "Ghost of Christmas Past" with all that on. :laughing:

stetam- Very similar.

Metal detecto- Old surplus gear is generally cheap and tough. Great for haulin lotsa stuff with ya. But ya do end up lookin a lil like the "Ghost of Christmas Past" with all that on. :laughing:

That will work, but may scare the snowflakesl ;)

To avoid looking to much like an extra out of "Commando" and causing too much anxiety to the various Karen's out there, I went the route below..

It is a copy of the US Army LC-2 ALICE belt and suspenders, so has much h the same benefits as you mention. The centre pouch at the back is a Brit water bottle pouch and contains a drink and lunch. The other pouches are either ones I ve modified, or in the case of the hand digger, is one I ve made from scratch...

IMG-1663.jpg

Initially i bought a finds bag and web belt. Then a bigger bag and a leather belt.

Now i prefer a leather belt to hold my digger. And a nail bag with 2 pockets.

One pocket holds my pinpointer, the other my finds. Sometimes less is more.

Nice to travel light.

Sometimes less is more. Nice to travel light.
I do have a tendency to travel heavy.
But then again it's not often that I go out with one specific agenda.
Like at the club I'll prolly go out MD'ing an area and wild edible hunting. In that environment they're not mutually exclusive.
It's not unusual to catch me with a frying pan in a sustainment pouch.
Ya never know where an opportunity to practice outdoor wild foraging may present itself.
One look at me will confirm that I'm all about the grub.. :p

It's not unheard of for a metal detectorist to return with a frying pan, but you're the first I've known to set out with one. :laughing:

I've been using these things a while now for other gear laden activities. Dunno why this one should be any different.
Prolly wouldn't wear it to a park setting or some such. But for the hunt club it's perfect! :cool3:

What's the green thing Hair Brush. :laughing:

Well, I still don't know what I'm doin. But it helps ta look good doin it. :cool3:

fullbattery- You've seen me in person. What's my priority?
Have frying pan, will forage.... or.. :shifty: hit McDoogals if I jack it up. :laughing:

You go in with a frying pan. I go in with a chocolate chip Clif bar. You know I'm not taking chances on missing a snack.

I need to get a vest of some kind. My back has been bothering me and my belt doesn't help it any. A vest should take some of the weight off of my back. I had a good survival vest in the past but I have moved several times since then and it got misplaced along the way.

A nail bag does it for me. I hate any weight. Pinpointer in one side of the pouch. Sampson digger in left hand. Detector in right.

Back
Top Bottom