Common Silvers then came Big Ben

jack&jill

Elite Member
Had seven hunts over the last couple of weeks. Two were skunks but did manage to add some silver in the rest. The best hunt was the last one with Air Force Mike. We went to a park near his home that has some history. This site has been hunted hard by many others over the years. The first couple of hours went very uneventful with me digging a Wheat and a little clad. It was decided we would go to another location and we started working back to the vehicles. Then lightning struck. Mike got hit first as he pulled a 30's Walker from the deep. My turn was in less than 5 minutes as Big Ben showed from 7 inches down. I barely got my plug in and Mike says he had another great signal. I walked over to run my machine over the signal. A solid 12-46/47 on the CTX at 8 inches, we both were thinking another Half Dollar. He wasn't 8 feet from his Walker plug. Well it was not a Half Dollar but a Silver George Washington was his reward. At that point we decided we were staying put. Well we worked this area hard for another 2 hours. I pulled a Rosie and Mike added 4 Wheat's. All the finds were within a 50 by 50 foot span with nothing at all in the grounds outside that area. The other four hunts provided me with 7 more Silvers. Three Silver Dimes came from a permission. The count now stands at 94 FTY. I hope the next report will have me over the century mark. Until then on to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 6-16-19 .jpg
    6-16-19 .jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 6-17-19 .jpg
    6-17-19 .jpg
    101 KB · Views: 477
  • 6-18-19 .jpg
    6-18-19 .jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 482
  • 6-20-19 .jpg
    6-20-19 .jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 6-25-19 .jpg
    6-25-19 .jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 479
Congrats on all the silver Trapper!!! A HUGE congrats on Big Ben!!! I love seeing them come out of the depths!!!!

Awesome. I've dug a 64 JFK half, so I can't complain. But, a Franklin half is a top 5 bucket lister and totally realistic for the places I usually detect.

In your photo it looks like Ben and Rosie are a little miffed at each other.

Nice saves Trapper, what a great haul. Love the Benny !! Congratulations
Thank you Jerry. Been pretty lucky with digging a few big Ben's over the years. This one was neat just minutes after Mike pulled his Walker. Trapper
Congrats on all the silver Trapper!!! A HUGE congrats on Big Ben!!! I love seeing them come out of the depths!!!!
Appreciate your reply Travis, thank you. i love seeing any Silver coming from the depths but have to admit big and old Silver really does tickle my fancy. Trapper

Awesome. I've dug a 64 JFK half, so I can't complain. But, a Franklin half is a top 5 bucket lister and totally realistic for the places I usually detect.

In your photo it looks like Ben and Rosie are a little miffed at each other.
Thank you Soldier for your reply. I have been pretty lucky with digging more than a few Big Ben's over the years. That look may be just a look of shock after being awoken after all those yeas under the dirt. Bit odd that both those coins are dated 1957.
Congrats on all those awesome silvers, especially the Benji.
Appreciate your reply Levi, thank you. It is always a thrill to find Silver in the hole. Big Silver just makes a bigger thrill. You know I have never got tired of having those thrills and I hope I never will. Trapper

Awesome Trapper, great to see Big Ben come out of the ground for you, plus the all the other silvers for you and AirForceMike!

And for sure, coins can sure be scarce in some areas, and abundant in others. I especially notice this doing curb strips... nothing in front of some homes, then all of a sudden in front of one house, wheaties, silvers, and lots of coins. Oftentimes then back to quiet again.

Nice silver finds, especially Ben. Congrats.
HD
Thank you HD, appreciate your reply. I have a thing for Silver, its always the intent on every hunt. I'm not always successful but do it often enough to keep me in smiles. Trapper
Congrats on a super hunt and the Ben Franklin. That one's still on my bucket list.
Thank you for your reply Diggin. Do you have a first name? I like to communicate with just people on a bit of a more personal level if you wouldn't mind. What made that hunt special was being able to share the adventure with a good friend. I know you understand that as you really enjoy your time with Sue. Trapper

Congrats on the silver! My first silver was a 1952 Benjamin .It felt as big as ahouse! Really exciting find.

Great to see you guys are still finding things over there Trapper! Both guys finding halves in one hunt is a pretty rare thing. Both guys finding even quarters isn’t all that common, but it happens. Nice work knowing when to move and when to stick it out!

Back
Top Bottom