• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Um um good

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Some folks may know what these are.

Attachments

• 58149910-D89A-4BE6-B37A-0CB306882A43.jpg
    58149910-D89A-4BE6-B37A-0CB306882A43.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 332
Gotta fight off the whistle pigs first, d’u know they climb!

We used to place big cloth sheets ‘neath the mulberry tree, climb up ad shake. Gallons of berries!

I've got white and purple ones here. The Orioles love 'em (I have two varieties of Orioles), and the Catbirds will raise the roof it they see you picking any!

While I recognize them, and their value as a food source, how many of you know how hard it is to kill a Mulberry tree? Don't forget the birds that love them, too. And the stains they leave on your car, all while spreading the seeds of destruction, planting new, hard-to-kill trees wherever they go.
I've tried. Dug down three feet and cut the roots off to remove the stump. The nasty thing popped back up out of the ground three years later.

Did finally find a chemical that will do the job, and have had it work with a single application.

(Whoops! Was typing when Longhair posted his.)

Roger

When I was little, my sandbox was under a mulberry tree. I don't know if it was a sick joke by my parents but I had purple stains for weeks. Or so they tell me.

HD

While I recognize them, and their value as a food source, how many of you know how hard it is to kill a Mulberry tree? Don't forget the birds that love them, too. And the stains they leave on your car, all while spreading the seeds of destruction, planting new, hard-to-kill trees wherever they go.
I've tried. Dug down three feet and cut the roots off to remove the stump. The nasty thing popped back up out of the ground three years later.

Did finally find a chemical that will do the job, and have had it work with a single application.

(Whoops! Was typing when Longhair posted his.)

Roger
My horses kill one every now and then. I don't get upset over it either. The birds planted them all along my fence lines to begin with.

Mulberry make one helluva fence post. Won’t rot for years. Only thing better is American chestnut. Most of them died though. Then cedar and locust.

Mulberry make one helluva fence post. Won’t rot for years. Only thing better is American chestnut. Most of them died though. Then cedar and locust.

You including Bois de arc? I hear it will wear out a couple fence post holes or something like that [emoji1]

Thinking you might be a little bit mixed up possibly..

Black Locust is the absolute best fence post material, second place is Cedar..

I've actually found Mulberry in my wood pile to get punky kinda quick, it does make good firewood though..

Those berries in your picture look like they came from a Turkish Mulberry strain, they have elongated berries like those...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom