Got me my Max today. :)

MadTownScoop

Elite Member
I put my name on a "list" on the 30th of August. It shipped out to me on the 12th and I had to go pick it up at UPS "access point" today cause they only make ONE attempt to deliver. Then send it to an access point , aka UPS Store, on the next business day. SO, Since Friday was a failed attempt and instead of trying again on saturday which I never left the house till this morning for work, I had to wait till today to get it.

Negativities aside. LOL. Im happy with it so far. Ordered it from (ahheemm... not a forum sponsor, Sorry guys) Someone else and got a good deal. Also got a free AT Max ball cap, 2' 6X magnifier , Camo duffle bag, Garrett carry case for the Max and a new Lesch with Sheath. All in one nice box. Got out today with it for about an hour. Letting my coins soak for a bit to try getting most of the dirt off. Not a lot but figuring out whats what in "coin mode" was just as easy as the Pro or Gold. Little different sounds but I had no issues guessing Zinkies, Dimes, Copper pennies or Qtrs. Nickles were a little tricky but then again, thats where Pop can tabs and the round part that the tab pushes down range at for VDI. Love the new grip. As stated in another post, Well balanced too. Somehow I wish they'd make the screens more "UV lens friendly". I mean when wearing UV Fishing glass's and the like looking at the screen slightly off set it sometimes appears all black or partially. LOL.

My only negative thing right now I can say is I dislike the fact that every few targets I dug I'd have to "Re Link" the headphones with the machine. Maybe its due to them not being fully charged? I never saw the "low battery" signal for or on the head phones but I'd set the machine down, Dig a target and if it took around a minute and half to locate it in the VERY Dry dirt around here right now I'd have to re link it. Other than that I notice zero difference between response time of these and the corded ones. Love not being tethered to the machine and my ears. Headphones are comfortable too.
More feedback once I've taken it to a Real spot. Today was a quick walk along the edge of soccer fields by our community center. Its only about 20 years old and I've never seen anyone there with a machine. By todays quick hunt. I'd guess Im right. Very large area and they have festivals and "frontier days" there so there has to be silver and/or gold jewelry there someplace.

Short, Like it so far. Comfortable grip and headphones and just as easy to swing as the pro and gold.

$6.19 today in just over an hour. Nothing old or silver but I figured that given the location.

Attachments

• IMG_20170918_125413711.jpg
    IMG_20170918_125413711.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20170918_155155721.jpg
    IMG_20170918_155155721.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 208
With headphones fully charged I never had to "re connect" once. I did, however , still have it break audio link a few times where the sound came out the detector for a second or two then back into my headphones. Thinking maybe the Z-link is kinda week and only good for about 3' or so. Whenever my link broke up a bit was when the detector was laying on ground to my left and I was crouched over a hole digging. I'd say about 4' distance headphones to unit. Still. Love the MAX so far.

did you order your max from T.P.D.? I ordered one from there this morning with the same package.

did you order your max from T.P.D.? I ordered one from there this morning with the same package.

Hmmm. Maayyyybeeee... :) Friend got his there and price was good. I'll admit, I didnt check with forum sponsors. Was spur of the moment decision and just didnt think about it. Kinda feel a bit bad about it but they'll get plenty of business from members here.

Back
Top Bottom