• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Converted truck tool box to MDing box

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Had nothing in it but junk, and I was considering buying a second box I could take in and out, would have been a metal truck box, and could have secured it to the truck when needed.

Instead, I dropped a 3/4" plywood floor in this box, added a center divider, and ends, then firing strips between them, and built the upper trays which just nest on the top. I can lift the entire thing out, as nothing is fastened to the box, I just have to pop the shocks off the lid to allow it to open far enough to lift it out.

I keep a small throw rug on top of the coils and detectors, which prevents them from bouncing around.

P8180061.jpg

P8180062.jpg

P8180063.jpg

P8180064.jpg

I was hoping you'd see it, didn't want to hijack your thread. I'll end-up with a 2nd box, just didn't have the extra $$ right now, and only have about $30 in this.

I am paying close attention here.

I have to make some thing to carry detectors safer.
Especially when weather is threatening.

I was hoping you'd see it, didn't want to hijack your thread. I'll end-up with a 2nd box, just didn't have the extra $$ right now, and only have about $30 in this.

Here is phase one. I'll probably split the long section. I'll be adding rod holders on the other side for my fly rods.

Thanks for the inspiration.

BCD

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 344
Looks good BCD! Looks like you got a "gull-wing" box? That would be easier than one like mine, and easier access.

I specifically went for gull-wing in order to be able to get at it from the sides better. Really liking it. Thanks for the great ideas!!!

BCD

Back
Top Bottom