Teen finds 7.44 ct diamond in State Park

That's cool, but I'm surprised they let him keep it, being a state park.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Gonna have to put that park on the bucket list ! That is one happy kid !
We have gone to Herkimer NY diamond hunting , ya have to beat them out of the rock , kids loved it . ,,,,,HH

It's a pay to "prospect" State Park. quite a tourist attraction.. there are several locals that search there on a regular basis..

Crater of Diamonds state park.... only Diamond mine in the world open to the public where you get to keep what you find. pretty cool thing and they find diamonds fairly regular, including some huge ones, think last year a girl found a 30+ carat rock there, hard work, but looks like fun, plus it is surrounded by tons of quartz crystal mines in the area, great place for a vacation if your into that stuff.

Crater of Diamonds state park.... only Diamond mine in the world open to the public where you get to keep what you find. pretty cool thing and they find diamonds fairly regular, including some huge ones, think last year a girl found a 30+ carat rock there, hard work, but looks like fun, plus it is surrounded by tons of quartz crystal mines in the area, great place for a vacation if your into that stuff.

I WOULD LOVE TO GO!!!!!!! That place is one of my bucket list places to go!!!!! Was going this past summer till I got fired. Maybe this year if my wife's health improves.... super cool park.... love to find my own diamond regardless of size or value. I hate to find a huge one (not) since I'm sure I'd sell it...... heck ya........ picture will keep the memory and the clams will pay for future adventures...

I went there one summer with the kids but it was 100 degreees and we did not last long.
Spent most of the day at the motel pool:D

I've never found a diamond but I love going to this park. Heat can be brutal. I went on an overcast drizzly day once, it was nice and cool plus with everything wet th rocks showed up better. My wife and kids love going to the crystal mines in the area too!

Tragic! Youth is wasted on the Young! I bet he buys himself a gameboy or some damned old shoes...:laughing:

Or a fancy blue ray player! Unbelievable! Apparently the park rents out digging equipment so visitors can look for diamonds and whatever they find they can keep. Crazy!

That's cool, but I'm surprised they let him keep it, being a state park.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That's the whole point!

It's the world's only open to the public diamond mine. You just pay your entry fee, grab a bucket and shovel and have at it. Did it once but it's a heck of a commute from RI. :lol:

I remember watching Kirsten Gumm a few years back on her TV show...She interviewed an old guy who goes there nearly everyday just to find diamonds in that muddy mess.....Thats really not a bad way to spend a day or two..digging around at an open pit diamond bearing strata? Yeah..that would be not too bad there...Just read the link Vermonster posted....A guy simply must give this place a go!

It's a fun place. I found a diamond there. Small but considering an average of one diamond a day is found I felt great. I can say I have a rare American diamond. Nice state park.

A good excuse for a grown kid to play in the mud..
This is proof your officially hooked, you will be buying more. Make room.:laughing:

Hi all. I'm happy and a little apprehensive; just placed my order for a Nokta Impact. Tomorrow they ought to be able to give me a delivery date. I'm now planing various hunts in S.W. Florida. Sure would be nice if Nokta would have Boot Camps or Webinar's.

I remember watching Kirsten Gumm a few years back on her TV show...She interviewed an old guy who goes there nearly everyday just to find diamonds in that muddy mess.....Thats really not a bad way to spend a day or two..digging around at an open pit diamond bearing strata? Yeah..that would be not too bad there...Just read the link Vermonster posted....A guy simply must give this place a go!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom